Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

I'm not finding any data

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2004, 04:38 PM
Silver Member

Re: I\'m not finding any data

".. no data to substantiate one side or the other..

..If that was your point ya shoulda used politics fer yer analogy..!! Hehehe.. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] But then you would have to say "no reliable data".. Hmmm.. Sounds the same again.. Ya think that short BR would be so dominated by the PPC if it didn't have some advantage (thus, somewhat substatiating the "inherrant accuracy" theory).?? Do those guys really think to themselves at re-barreling time " I'd sure like to shoot my .338 Crank-enSnort at the 100 yard matches this year, but I guess I'll do just like the rest of these jokers and shoot that dang 'ol PPC again.." I don't think so.. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

.. I do believe that some cartridge designs are just easier to load for than others.. That's about the height of it.. Now efficiency is a whole different ball'o'wax.. d:^) JiNC

PS- I ain't even got a dog in this hunt.. But I do like to fuss over this stuff..
Old 04-12-2004, 06:15 PM
Platinum Member

Jake

...but I guess I'll do just like the rest of these jokers and shoot that dang 'ol PPC again...

That sounds about right to me [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Sniper types shoot those dang'd 'ol 308's and the benchrest types shoot those PPCs. Those hunter types shoot the big magnums, mostly Weatherby's [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img], as long as it's minute of big critter (MOBC) it'll do.

I don't have a dog in this race either, just flapping my gums.
Old 04-12-2004, 08:14 PM
Silver Member

.. Awwww mannn.. You DID NOT just say "good enough ta kill a deer", did ya.? [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Hehehe.. I'm done here.. d:^) JiNC