Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

I would like to see Berger make ____

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2012, 02:07 PM
Silver Member

Re: I would like to see Berger make ____

Yes, 5000' ASL would certainly help matters! Unfortunately for me I am about 400' ASL. Cool to know that you can get Some stability even in a 10 twist barrel with a standard 270!

Gary
Old 02-27-2012, 03:21 PM
SPONSOR

Getting the first EOL "ultra heavy" bullets will be an important first step. There are too many unanswered questions to assume that everything will go as planned (or desired).

There are two things that I know to be true. We will do everything we can to make this situation work as we believe things within rifle shooting have evolved to be ready for this to work properly (barrel, powder and case design improvements).

The other thing is that if it works, we will be making EOL ultra heavy bullets in all the same calibers in which we currently make bullets (and some in which we don't make yet).

The key will be whether or not they work. I'm using the word "work" loosely since we are not targeting a specific end result but rather are going to see where we end up. If it is not at an exceptable level we will see if we can do anything to get there.

Regards,
Eric

Berger Bullets
Old 02-27-2012, 04:10 PM
Silver Member

I certainly hope it all works out well! There will be some Fun Times ahead for me!

Gary
Old 02-27-2012, 10:05 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddc View Post
Im not a quarter bore fan BUT a good HEAVY 25 would be awesome. Details up to you guys but the only bergers I shoot at game are always heavy for caliber. I wonder how many horror story tellers were shooting light for caliber? My 6-284 with 115vlds wouldnt scare me on any hooved animal in America. IDEAL? Maybe not but astounding damage and penetration. Elmer Keith understood SD. Many people seem not too and then blame the bullet.
My Sendero 25-06AI shoots the Wildcat 125 VERY well, but I am almost out of those. I believe top end 25-06 loads and better can do well with 125 as mine certainly does, but maybe even 130 depending on design. This would give new life to these rounds, giving bullets streamlined like the 115gr .243, but with more velocity & alot more energy.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:26 PM
Silver Member

Where are these new bullets and when can we start testing them.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:39 PM
Silver Member

These new bullets are sitting at the moment, until the current demand slows on existing sku's long enough to get them made.

Will be on here as soon as I get the word! Thanks for everyones patience.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:42 PM
Silver Member

Any idea what cal.'s will be first?

Thanks.