Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

I will never buy another remington again!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2011, 01:04 PM
Silver Member

I will never buy another remington again!!

Oh my gosh I can not believe that remington customer service reps are showing why people should stay away from remington. I called in to explain my problem about my bolt not closing with a factory round in the chamber. Mind you this is a brand new rifle straight out of the box. He would not listen he told me to write a letter and hung up the phone. I totally understand that I have to send in my rifle to get repaired. I a happy that they are infact going to repair it but it is not the point.To bad there quality control sucks and is down the tube. They lost a customer today and it is sad. I come from 4 generations of remington owners. Sad day!!

Darrin
Old 04-01-2011, 01:44 PM
Platinum Member

Re: I will never buy another remington again!!

I get your point. And, you are right to be seriously peaved.

Was there a retailer involved?

Why couldn't you just take it straight back to the retailer?

-- richard
Old 04-01-2011, 02:35 PM
Bronze Member

Calm down a little and give the shop a call where you bought it. What's the worst they can tell you???
Old 04-01-2011, 04:45 PM
Platinum Member

i would take it to a gunsmith that has a set of go-no go guages for it to check the headspace. then you'll know if it's the chamber or ammo.
Old 04-01-2011, 05:40 PM
Gold Member

I think darrindlh is saying his biggest concern is how he was treated by the customer service rep! Sure bad products get out. But to call about one and have the rep tell you to write a letter and hang up on you is unforgivable. I have been on the fence between savage and remington and if this is how remington is going to handle things it makes the choice easy. Im sure that other people, the retailer or gunsmith will or can take care of it but thats not the point remington should have taken care of it!
Old 04-01-2011, 05:57 PM
Platinum Member

Remingtons quality is suffering. I ordered in 4 remy to rip down so far this year for customer builds of them 3 suffered from poor bolt handle positioning, creating primary extraction issues, the old ones are 100% better in this regaurd. Any of the newer actions with the cut serial numbers vs the older actions with stamped serial numbers.

One was so bad it only had about .020" of movement when riding the cam.

I have reserved myself to the fact that most new remys for custom builds will get new handles tigged on.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:44 PM
Platinum Member

For the last couple years remington has been like john deere their name has kept them afloat.