Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

I-Touch/I-Phone question about "Ballistic" software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2010, 04:28 AM
Silver Member

Re: I-Touch/I-Phone question about "Ballistic" software

mildot10 by the same author as BulletFlight is another good program. It's an iPhone app that does the same thing as MIL-DOT Master for finding ranges.

Fitch
Old 05-22-2010, 05:46 PM
Silver Member

Re: I-Touch/I-Phone question about "Ballistic" software

i use ballistic FTE for everything in the field, it works perfect. I like the HUD feature of the FTE edition over the basic edition as it allows you to quickly change your wind and distance inputs for instant calculations on the fly. Once you have your saved "profile" selected (aka. the rifle your using), you can get a required elevation and windage for any distance in a matter of seconds. The damn iphone will even give you you incline/decline angle of shot by aligning it along your barrel and compensate the trajectory automatically.

If you bother to learn to use it correctly, it will tell you how many clicks you need to dial on your scope, and much more .... you just need to learn how to use it...