Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

'I' phones

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2008, 03:15 AM
Silver Member

'I' phones

I'm thinking of changing to an I phone and just wondered if anyone knows of ballistic software that could be used on them ? and any experience you've had using them for ballistic purposes ?

Cheers,Russ
Old 10-14-2008, 08:31 AM
Platinum Member

Re: 'I' phones

I've thought about that too, but am not aware of the software. My hangup is the fact that there is not a field replaceable battery. Not going to take something so crucial in the woods for days at a time that I use a spare battery for. Nice gadgets though.

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl
Old 10-14-2008, 09:15 AM
Silver Member

Me three. I never thought I'd like the IPhone, but honestly, it is the best cell phone I've used.

I've wondered about ballistic software that would run on it also.

Bill

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

http://waitesandbalances.blogspot.com/
Old 10-14-2008, 09:22 AM
Silver Member

good point about the batterys, I never go into the field without a milldot master and all my charts for the load i'm using anyway . basically if any or all of my battery kit fails then I'm still able to hunt ! Think I may go with a dedicated pda after all .
Old 10-14-2008, 09:28 AM
Platinum Member

The older phones ate batteries quickly! My son's phone will kill the battery in a day even if he does not use it. It is under warranty and he is scheduled for a replacement.

edge.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:42 AM
Silver Member

A few screeshots - iXBal - Sniper's Hide Forums
Old 10-14-2008, 12:00 PM
Silver Member

My IPhone 3G regularly goes 3 days between charges, under normal use. (I don't run videos and games much, and I only use it as an IPod when in the car.).

Hunting, I would expect to only turn it on when I needed to use the program, so it should go days and days without problems.

Bill

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

http://waitesandbalances.blogspot.com/