Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

View Poll Results: Hunting with a suppressor poll
I would hunt with a suppressor if I legally could. 80 55.56%
I would not hunt with a suppressor if it was legal. 9 6.25%
Suppressors are legal and I do hunt with one. 41 28.47%
Suppressors are legal but I do not hunt with one. 16 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Hunting with a suppressors (aka-silencer) question?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2012, 10:34 AM
Bronze Member

Hunting with a suppressors (aka-silencer) question?

If it was legal to hunt with a suppressed firearm in your state or country, would you? Lucky for me, it is now legal to hunt Texas and all its game animals suppressed! Woohoo!!! Score a major milestone in regaining are firearm freedoms!!!

Now I'll be able to shoot without hearing protection, there'll be less noise pollution to disturb my neighbors, no muzzle blast, and some recoil reduction so I can better spot my shots, and more shooting involvement for women and kids because its so much more user friendly. Don't forget the fact that they are freaking cool!

Call your senators and congressmen, they can make it happen where you are!!!
Old 04-15-2012, 10:41 AM

Re: Hunting with a suppressors (aka-silencer) question?

i purchased one last year. i wont hunt without one in nd.. its nice running thru a few hundred rounds at the range without ear plugs
Old 04-16-2012, 12:43 PM
Gold Member

Arizona's governor signed House Bill 2728 on March 29, 2012 which lifted the ban on using suppressors for hunting.

My interest is in long range shooting ballistics, not hunting, so it has no direct effect on me. Carrying and shooting with a suppressor except at game was already legal. I have a Gemtech 308 suppressor and enjoy shooting with it.

Last edited by LouBoyd; 04-16-2012 at 02:13 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:40 PM
Bronze Member

It is all dependent on what game we're talking about. Here in Ohio, deer may only be taken with bow, shotgun, handgun, or blackpowder, BUT, you can use a 50BMG for squirrel. Go figure. That leaves varmint, which in general I don't need muffs on anyways.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:23 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman13kup View Post
It is all dependent on what game we're talking about. Here in Ohio, deer may only be taken with bow, shotgun, handgun, or blackpowder, BUT, you can use a 50BMG for squirrel. Go figure. That leaves varmint, which in general I don't need muffs on anyways.

Any and all game. I am going to cover the whole span of firearms. .22 to .416 Barrett. Because of the benefits along with the fact that they are cool and because I can.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:07 AM
Platinum Member

I would love to... (gives me an excuse for a supressor)... alas, the great state of WY won't allow it... (Can't even shoot a prairie dog with it). That's ok, it's being worked on.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:51 PM
Silver Member

Kansas is good to go. I'm working on several to cover the whole range of calibers.
"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, who's face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."
Theodore Roosevelt