Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Hunting bullets

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-17-2004, 03:10 PM
Bronze Member
Hunting bullets

Does anyone have any experience with the Lost River J-36 bullets. I shot some .270, one-hundred fifty grain bullets back when they were Jensen's and was very impressed with them. Their advertisements ( make some bold statements about accuracy and performance, but they cost enough to give a guy pause about just going out and cranking a few off.

Unread 11-17-2004, 05:07 PM
Official LRH Sponsor
Re: Hunting bullets

Brass bender,

From my experience with these bullets which is mostly from customers trying them, I would not use them.

For the money there are much better bullets out there.

I have only seen two rifles that shot these bullets anywhere near what I would call well and most were not consistant enough for long range hunting.

On game performance is also very limited. Even if these bullets perform the way they are designed to they transfer very little energy on game.

I am bot an X bullet fan by any means but the X is a better bullet by far then these in my opinion.

All the B.C. in the world is useless unless you can put the bullets where they need to be.

Save your money and try something else.

Good Shooting!!!

Kirby Allen(50)
Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: