Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

How much length does Kirby's 3-port, PainKiller brake add to the barrel?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2009, 03:27 PM
Platinum Member

Tryin' to figure the finished OAL of this rifle so I can go ahead and get a case before it's ready.

Thanks guys.

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl
Old 10-28-2009, 03:34 PM
Platinum Member

Re: How much length does Kirby's 3-port, PainKiller brake add to the barrel?

This is from a thread by Kirby.

Quote:
Not only that, its weight has been reduced dramatically. The standard medium 3 port PK weighs 6.5 oz. The "Slim" version is only 3.2 oz. They are the same length at 2.25" of length and add roughly 1.6" to the barrel length.
You can see the thread here: New "Slim" Painkiller Muzzle brake from APS
Old 10-28-2009, 03:41 PM
Platinum Member

ss7mm,

Thank you very much. I'm sure glad somebody has a handle on this stuff and knows where to find it!

Jon

PS: Good luck elk hunting this year. I decided to hunt the westside elk season this year but I'm having second thoughts and biting my nails a bit... Have had good luck over east the last couple of years, but tired of watching branch antlered bulls walk by waiting for a spike, or, having to wait 'til the last 5 days of a 9 day season to shoot a cow IF I drew a permit. We'll soon find out how 'smart' my decision was...

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl
Old 10-29-2009, 08:53 PM
Silver Member

my 270 amp has a small pk break it measures 1.628" on my calipers