Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

How good are the Tikka rifles?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-06-2010, 01:23 AM
Silver Member

Re: How good are the Tikka rifles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.ID View Post
my 300 wsm does exactly the same thing, First two make on oblong hole and the third goes a .25" right and .25 high.

Temperature?

Unread 02-06-2010, 01:51 AM
Gold Member

it was about 40 last time out to the range, but I have consistent results summer and winter. I could probably remedy it by letting it cool a while but I don't shoot for score so field accuracy is the most practical judge for me. I figure if it takes three shots to put down something I'm shooting at I probably won't be letting the barrel cool in between shots.
Unread 02-06-2010, 10:55 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
it was about 40 last time out to the range, but I have consistent results summer and winter. I could probably remedy it by letting it cool a while but I don't shoot for score so field accuracy is the most practical judge for me. I figure if it takes three shots to put down something I'm shooting at I probably won't be letting the barrel cool in between shots.

I am the same way, I do not let my barrel cool between shots on my hunting rifles when sighting them in.

Last edited by countryrebel; 02-06-2010 at 12:23 PM.
Unread 02-06-2010, 11:12 AM
Silver Member

I didnt read the whole thread.

But I shot one chambered in 7mm mag back on January 1rst, and it shot pretty well. I didnt shoot but 2 times but both shots were inside a quarter. I'de like to have had a little time with the rifle but it was a buddy of mine that just wanted me to shoot it and see how it shoots and check the zero of the scope... I think he is scared of the rifle. I'm not sure why b/c recoil was very manageable. But I liked the rifle overall.
Unread 02-06-2010, 03:11 PM

Quote:
I figure if it takes three shots to put down something.........your using the wrong gun or ammo!
Unread 02-06-2010, 03:26 PM
Gold Member

Thats a fact, in fact one of the local gun store clerks was telling me how good his tikka is (he carries his target in his wallet) now that's love, any way I said ya i love mine but the third one always opens the group to .5" Well lets just say I was not getting any sympathy. The first one is the only one........ but since we are talking group size I had to throw it out there.
Unread 02-06-2010, 09:06 PM
Platinum Member

I figure if it takes three shots to put down something.........your using the wrong gun or ammo!

Maybe but, might be shot placement???