Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

How does Android Shooter app compare to Loadbase 3.0,Exbal etc?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2010, 11:39 AM
Bronze Member

How does Android Shooter app compare to Loadbase 3.0,Exbal etc?

Should be receiving my 338AX from Kirby soon . I went ahead and bought the Shooter Ballistics app for the Android phone. This is the first and only ballistics program I have played with and it looks good to me.I was wondering how it compares to Loadbase 3.0,Exbal etc as I'm sure some of you have used them all and could give your opionion. Want to know if the app is even on the same level or if I will need to buy something better for field use. Just don't want to spend the extra money if Shooter is good to go as I need so many other things.Thanks
Dan
Old 09-15-2010, 02:52 PM
SPONSOR

Re: How does Android Shooter app compare to Loadbase 3.0,Exbal etc?

Don't let the price fool you. Shooter is a very accurate, inclusive, and easy to use program. You would have to look real hard to find any advantage in buying one of the other programs you mentioned.

My advice is to build your profiles for your rifles and loads in Shooter, use it for a while, and see if you find it lacking in any way. If so, see if one of the other programs has the features you want. If so, consider if it's worth the $.

Those of us with android phones are lucky to have this app available for such a cheap price.

-Bryan

Author of: Applied Ballistics for Long Range Shooting
And: Accuracy and Precision for Long Range Shooting

Old 09-20-2010, 09:31 PM
Bronze Member

Re: How does Android Shooter app compare to Loadbase 3.0,Exbal etc?

I have been using LB3 for some time now. I has been a real good program.
Its time for a new phone. And Shooter has have some good reviews. Just the thought of getting rid of the GPS,PDA, and Cell. And having one device work for all 3 is worth the try. The phone will be here this week. Week after next I will try to use it in the field with the 338 Edge, 223, 6.5x47L, and the 308. Rifle season just opened, and its time to hunt..

I will report back if all goes well.

Regards: MIKE.