Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

How Did I do

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2009, 04:06 PM

Re: How Did I do

Its unfired. Im seriously debating on selling it as I think its too much gun for what I need. Anybody want a deal?
Old 12-31-2009, 04:41 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcguy View Post
Its unfired. Im seriously debating on selling it as I think its too much gun for what I need. Anybody want a deal?
DUH! Guess I missed the "NEW" part. That is a great deal
Old 12-31-2009, 04:50 PM
Platinum Member

That sure is a great deal! With the brake on it, why woould you think it's too much for you? -unless you dont like brakes.

If you want to sell it, put it on gunbroker and start it at the price you got it for. You should be able to do a good bit better and worse case, get your back.

Mark
Old 12-31-2009, 05:14 PM

Im concerned with the noise. Ive been reading that if I dont wear plugs and muffs that Ill eff my hearing up with it. I wear plugs when I hunt but Im not going to drag muffs around too.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:10 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcguy View Post
Im concerned with the noise. Ive been reading that if I dont wear plugs and muffs that Ill eff my hearing up with it. I wear plugs when I hunt but Im not going to drag muffs around too.

I agree with you. Brakes work for a lot of people, they just arent for me. I like recoil and it does not bother me or my accuracy. I shoot just as well from the bench with a .300 RUM as a I do a .308 Win.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:35 PM
Platinum Member

If you have good ear plugs, an occasional shot in the field should not hurt. I dont like brakes either and shoot an un-braked 300 RUM. I use a slip-on on the bench and it helps a lot. I shot it a couple of weeks ago with no slip-on and wearing a Carhart coat and it was fine. Technique is very important. You need to have the butt right in the pocket and firm.

Last edited by MontanaRifleman; 12-31-2009 at 08:41 PM.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:39 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaRifleman View Post
If you have good ear plugs, an occasional shot in the field should not hurt. I dont like brakes either and shoot an un-braked 300 RUM. I use a slip-on on the bench and it helps a lot. I shot it a couple of weeks ago using with no slip-on and wearing a Carhart coat and it was fine. Technique is very important. You need to have the butt right in the pocket and firm.
Im a small framed person (6'2, 145lbs), and some folks seem to think because of that, my body rolls with recoil more. Which definetly goes back to recoil effecting everyone differently. All my rifles are magnums, and my larger older brother, sticks with .22 centerfires. I have a lot of fun out of that...lol

My wife uses a slip-on Limsaver on her 7mm RM Ruger. Works great for her !