Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Holland's Muzzle Brake

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2005, 01:46 PM
Silver Member

Holland\'s Muzzle Brake

I'm about to have installed a Muzzle Brake and would like to know anyones experiance with the Holland Muzzle Brake. Recoil reduction, noise level etc.
I was attracted to the Answer, but it seams there is only one place in Canada where we can get it with difficulty, so I have to look at other options.
Old 03-28-2005, 03:05 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Re: Holland\'s Muzzle Brake

I personally feel the Holland Quick Discharge brake is the best all around big game brake on the market. They are compact, extremely effective at reducing recoil and eliminate muzzle jump.

noise wise, any baffle style brake will increase noise but they are also much more effecient at reducing recoil them other styles so it is a trade off in my opinion.

These are the first brakes I recommend to my customers and the only brake I personally use in the field.

Good Shooting!!!

Kirby Allen (50)

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 03-29-2005, 08:48 AM
Silver Member

I second what Kirby said. I had him install one on my 300 RUM, man I was glad I did that. It had the recoil of a .270 and the noise was not nearly what I expected. I have read over and over how loud brakes are, not these ones...
Old 03-29-2005, 11:47 AM
Bronze Member

I would like to finalize the motion. Holland QD all the way. The only thing is I can't tell if theres a noise increase since when I down game out in the field, I'd swear my rifle doesn't make any noise. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] They say thats adrenaline though.

Ronnie
Old 03-29-2005, 10:57 PM
Silver Member

I agree with all the above. Have tried others but will only use the Holland's now.

As far as noise, the shooter will not notice much more unless it is shot under a covered area but then everyone gets a good rattle. but normally only those standing to the sides of the shooter will hear and possibly feal the effects of your brake.

In fact I like the Holland Brake so much I had Fiftydriver install them on my daughters and my new rifles.

Good Luck,
Ben
Old 03-29-2005, 11:19 PM
Silver Member

Near Manufacturing If you have trouble getting the work done you might use these people, Try Richard. The only brakes I use are the Vias, so I have no experience with any of the others. You might want to e-mail them and ask. I'm sure the Holland is good, in-fact my only concern when choosing a break is, that it doesn't hurt the accuracy.
Old 03-30-2005, 11:08 AM
SPONSOR

I have Vais on all of mine too.
FWIW I have always been pleased with Richard's work.

Ernie