Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

hogue stocks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2013, 10:52 PM
Silver Member

Re: hogue stocks

for a rem model 700 in a 270 shld i get the pillar bedded version or the other?
Old 07-06-2013, 10:53 AM
Platinum Member

I have no experience with the pillar bed one but I assumed that the full bed one is stiffer and thus more conducive to accuracy. My rifle sure shoots great in the full bed Hogue.
Old 07-06-2013, 05:14 PM

Go with a B&C, they are great stocks especially for the money, just stay away from their carbelite models.
Old 07-06-2013, 05:23 PM
Silver Member

yea im lookn at b and c and also h-s precision
Old 07-28-2013, 09:32 PM
Bronze Member

I actually just purchased the ghillie green Hogue, full bedded block. It looks great and feels amazing. I have yet to slap it on my Rem 700 7mag. Everyone says that they are flexible but with aluminum running all the way through it, it feels stiff as a board as me....I don't think I will regret getting it....
Old 07-28-2013, 10:22 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deederswy View Post
I actually just purchased the ghillie green Hogue, full bedded block. It looks great and feels amazing. I have yet to slap it on my Rem 700 7mag. Everyone says that they are flexible but with aluminum running all the way through it, it feels stiff as a board as me....I don't think I will regret getting it....
Some of them don't have the aluminum bed block... Which is why some people don't like them. For example, the Hogue I had on my 10/22 didn't. Some of the Hogues I have messed with on some of the 700 SA rifles have been flexible. I have not tested one on a LA 700, that was ordered aftermarket.

I might have to look into them for my build I'm gathering parts for. If not, I will be using an old used CDL stock I can get for $50 at a local store. I plan on modifying it for my barrel contour to be fully floated, bed the action and recoil lug. And install aluminum pillars in it. I should have about $75-100 total in the stock.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:56 AM
Silver Member

I had long and a short action Hogues for 700s. They both had the full length block. The only complaint that I had is they are heavy. I have a B and C and a HS Presicion on those rifles now. I really like both of them, I like the HS a little better. Contact Red HawkRifles , they have the best price on B and C stocks and are great to deal with.