Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

hogue stocks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2013, 01:43 PM
Bronze Member

hogue stocks

anyone use a Hogue stock? im wanting to replace my black synthetic stock on my 270 remington 700 with maybe the ghillie green Hogue stock. but ive also considered one from stockys stocks-the heritage classic sporter stock. just trying to get some ideas and feedback from anyone who has replaced their stock. i definitely want something that looks good and rugged and is durable and has a good hands feel. i really like the ghillie green Hogue
Old 07-04-2013, 01:48 PM
Gold Member

Re: hogue stocks

If you like it, go for it. Most opt for something stiffer to avoid barrel contact by the stock when on bags or a bipod. Hogues tend to flex pretty good.
Old 07-04-2013, 01:52 PM
Bronze Member

i just mostly hunt whitetail in MS...i have only seen photos of the Hogue ive never felt one or seen one up close. maybe it isnt for me but perhaps the stockys one would be a better choice
Old 07-04-2013, 02:52 PM
Platinum Member

I have a black Hogue stock with the aluminum beading block in it on my custom Rem. 700 Shilen barreled 264 Win Mag and I really like it. The rubber gives you a grip when wet and cold and it feels warmer than wood or the composite stocks in the cold. Rifle shoots bug holes in it so it must be a good stock.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:28 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT2506 View Post
I have a black Hogue stock with the aluminum beading block in it on my custom Rem. 700 Shilen barreled 264 Win Mag and I really like it. The rubber gives you a grip when wet and cold and it feels warmer than wood or the composite stocks in the cold. Rifle shoots bug holes in it so it must be a good stock.
Ditto

I have them on two rifles. Not really long range equipment, but in the woods of the south and east coast where I'm at they are the best for the money as far as I've seen.If you are replacing a Rem SPS stock you will be happy.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:38 PM
Bronze Member

yea im replacing the regular black synthetic stock. tryin to decide if i want wood or something like the hogue
Old 07-04-2013, 10:44 PM
Silver Member

I have a Hogue on my Model 70 in 270 Weatherby and it is great. It the pillar bedded version. I have thought about getting one with the full aluminum block bedding to put on my 7mm STW,