As you know I took the ol gal out and did the barrel breakin and also put some through her for velocity and pressure comparisons. That all went well at a 1053 yards and I picked what looked like a sweet spot and loaded some up for accuracy testing.
Went up this morning and had accuracy testing in mind mainly, so I just looked for the first spot where I could get about 200 yards and got set up. The Swaro said 207 yards and the wind was a concern as it was pretty steady at 5-8 mph with sudden gusts up to 15-20mph.
I think I found something she might like to feed on. It's not maximum but accuracy is my first concern and I think I found that. These groups were running in the mid to upper single digits for ES. The WC 200 gr. ULD RBBTs made short work of the wind, and the little orange dot.
This was a pretty decent group.
This was the next group. The first two were in there pretty tight and just as I was breaking the third one a gust hit me in the face and chest and I saw the crosshairs move when it broke. Would have been a pretty good 3 shot group for a hunting rifle at 207 if it had stayed with the first two.
Now to round up some more booolits somewhere and get her zeroed at 300 and then get back out to some decent ranges.
I'd say you did a pretty decent job of roughing out the chamber and screwing the ol tube on with your pipe wrench.............looks like the third time might be a charm.;);)