Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Henson/ Wildcat AL tipped bullets 338 cal. Whos used them ? Reports ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-08-2009, 09:19 AM
Platinum Member
Re: Henson/ Wildcat AL tipped bullets 338 cal. Whos used them ? Reports ?

I was just thinking about the BC thing. I made my earlier statement of like BC's based on a comment from snipershide. However, that comment was based on the fact the drops with the ZA bullet and the Scenar are almost identical. But... the ZA bullet has a higher velocity which would translate into a lower BC to come up with the same drops. In anycase, there is no "official" BC. Bryan Litz from Berger will be/is testing them.

I think Noel may have some testers for the hunting bullet, but they will have signed non-disclosure agreements. They were tested in a 9.5 twist and based on some recent tests of another ZA bullet, they may work in the 10 twist. I believe Noel thinks these bullets may be available in 2 or 3 months.

If these dont provide enough benefit for you, then once you burn your barrel out, you could get a tighter twist on the next one and step up to the heavier 300 gr ZA which may have a BC of near or around 1. Kinda makes you wana go out and do a lot of target shooting

Cheers mate,

Last edited by MontanaRifleman; 07-08-2009 at 09:26 AM.