Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Help...Primer problem!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2004, 03:01 PM

Help...Primer problem!

Here is the issue. I have a rifle match on Sunday and I ran out of Remington 9 1/2 primers. I use 49.5 grains of H380 and a 168SMK bullet. I can't find any Remington primers near my location in central Indiana and I have no time to order them. Will switching primers cause a major issue and what primer should I use???

Your suggestions are appreciated.
Old 06-08-2004, 03:22 PM

Re: Help...Primer problem!

If you can find any, try the CCI BR-2. They work great in my rifles.

PDR
Old 06-08-2004, 05:20 PM
Platinum Member

Location: The rifle range, or archery range or behind the computer in Alaska

Yes it can make a differance. I have even had a new lot of the same type change my loads. If you know exactly what youre average MV is that is a place to start. Sometimes you wont have to change anything. Other times it could take slightly more or slightly less powder to duplicate the original.

Let us know how your match goes! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Long range shooting is a process that ends with a result. Once you start to focus on the result (how bad your last shot was, how big the group is going to be, what your buck will score, what your match score is, what place you are in...) then you loose the capacity to focus on the process.
Old 06-09-2004, 06:34 AM

Thanks for the assistance with this issue. I was able to purchase 300 Remington primers last night so I should be OK until after the match. I may switch to Federal primers after this week but I hate to mess with what works.