Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Help Needed with LB3.0 and .338 Bergers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2010, 09:27 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Help Needed with LB3.0 and .338 Bergers

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorwath View Post
Thanks for the follow-up report Jeff. Glad you've sorted it out, and the Hybrids are shooting so consistently for you. You've been free of the issues some others with .338 Lapua Mags have reported using the Hybrids - nose slump or whatever the cause turns out to be.

I don't know what that slump thing is all about, but I can tell you for sure it is not present in my 338 Lapua at 2785 mv. Even when I was lost on come ups and drift, the groups were small, very small, all of them. So, I just bought another 500 of the 300 Berger Hybrids.

Now I want to do a bit of " Ballistic Roy Science" and send a few into some sort of media or a simulated broiler room at 1000 yards. With Roys results and mine at 1000, then I will feel pretty good about the upcoming season. Tastey brown things beware.

Jeff
Old 06-27-2010, 10:58 AM
Platinum Member

Broz,

What ever works my friend, what ever works...

Last weekend for the first time I was shooting my 338 Edge put together by my buddy geargrinder. Shooting the 300 SMK at 2800 fps. (28" barrel length). After zeroed it in and shooting some groups at 100 yards because I was doing it from the tail gate, I was happy to see the rifle is a shooter. Then my son Marlon shot at some rocks at 645 yard, relatively short so I did not think of using spin drift and Coriolis and all the stuff. Since he was hitting right we walked it in till he was on. He went from 3 clicks left to 7 clicks left. After all was done, I input all the info in LB and to compensate for all the stuff and was highly surprised that it called for 7 clicks left or 1.7 moa including wind compensantion of course. Had I done it right from the beginning My son would have hit it on the first shot.

That's so far working for me I"m glad. I'm also glad that you're happy with what you got. Be happy, that's all that counts at the end.

From Carson City, NV to Townsend, Montana is 14 hrs and 882 miles away...

I'd love to meet you and... never been in Montana but the name alone appeals to me. As of right now would be pretty much impossible but times do change.

Best of lucks to you Jeff... I've enjoyed your perseverance. That's what it takes! We have all learned and just keep posting away.

What is the count through your LP as of now?

-----------------------------
HEBREWS 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Our Lord Jesus said that as it was in the days of Noah and
also as it was in the days of Lot so it shall be in the days...
It's happening again!!! God sent to us His prophet, and His Word
to this generation and we once more are rejecting it as was prophesied!!!

---> As promised, God Sent His Prophet to us!
Old 06-27-2010, 12:11 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
Roy, We would love to meet you. Just keep me posted on your trip dates and I will be ready and waiting. We can do a drop chart pretty quick right here by the house. Lookin forward to it.

Jeff
From Roy:

"Jeff,

Great summary!!

Its kind of nice when after the brain turns to mush, a point is reached where it becomes intolerable. The you stepped up to the plate, took it to the next level (broke the barrier so to speak) and whooo Hooo you're spot on. Great work!

I'm hoping to make a tour of MT along the I-15 corridor with the trip being centered on Ft. Shaw. I figure I'd take advantage of your stop by offer. I figure I could use some "adult supervision" when breaking in the new BB gun. Otta be able to break in and drop chart at the same time?
"

Roy,

When you goin' on that trip to pick up that .375 AM BB gun? (I'm pretty sure the 338AX should be shipped to me this week.) I'll be over in MT for about a week during the first half of August and I'll be about 2.5 hrs away from Fort Shaw and Townsend. Not sure if it would work out, but it sure would be great to meet you guys and do a little shooting!

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl
Old 06-27-2010, 01:41 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglet View Post
Broz,

What is the count through your LP as of now?
Iwould have to count the bag of empties but I am somewhere around the 850 mark or just over it.

Thanks my friend!

Jeff
Old 06-27-2010, 01:43 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmden View Post
From Roy:

"Jeff,

Great summary!!

Its kind of nice when after the brain turns to mush, a point is reached where it becomes intolerable. The you stepped up to the plate, took it to the next level (broke the barrier so to speak) and whooo Hooo you're spot on. Great work!

I'm hoping to make a tour of MT along the I-15 corridor with the trip being centered on Ft. Shaw. I figure I'd take advantage of your stop by offer. I figure I could use some "adult supervision" when breaking in the new BB gun. Otta be able to break in and drop chart at the same time? "

Roy,

When you goin' on that trip to pick up that .375 AM BB gun? (I'm pretty sure the 338AX should be shipped to me this week.) I'll be over in MT for about a week during the first half of August and I'll be about 2.5 hrs away from Fort Shaw and Townsend. Not sure if it would work out, but it sure would be great to meet you guys and do a little shooting!
Now that would be cool!!

Jeff