Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Help me pick my birthday gift

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2013, 10:05 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Help me pick my birthday gift

Remington Sendero SF II 7mm Rem Mag would be close to that price range, and would be a tack-driver.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:58 PM
Bronze Member

I would suggest a Tikka T3 lite stainless. It's only 750 bones but shoots and feels like something three times as much. Mine is in a 270 WSM which a great cartridge. Iv put 3 shots through one hole at 150 yards and killed several deer with it. My second suggestion would be a browning a-bolt eclipse 1000 a sweet gun and shoots great. Well that's my 2 cents good luck with your decision and happy birthday!

~TJ
Old 09-08-2013, 09:49 PM
Platinum Member

Winchester coyote light in 7WSM.
Remington Senduro in 7 Rem mag
Old 09-09-2013, 07:34 AM
Gold Member

mine was yesterday and all got was a new pair of nikes.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:08 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydsmale View Post
mine was yesterday and all got was a new pair of nikes.
Mine is usually a nobody even notices kinda thing unless I drop a hint, which makes me feel like a conceited POS. I guess I'm so vanilla and quiet and keep to myself that nobody (including my closest friends) either notices, or cares. Of course, most of my friends are either A) drama or B) too self-absorbed in their own BS to even notice anything about anyone around them.

I'm only 27, but getting older sucks... Everyone seems to stop giving a crap about you after you turn 21. LOL

My mom will usually get me a new pair of Carharrt pants or something. $10 from the grandparents....WooHoo! I can go see a movie..........By myself.

So I usually just start saving up a couple months ahead of time, and buy myself a present I have been wanting. The best present is the one you like and never want to return. And about the only way to do that for me is to go buy it myself.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:19 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunner2005 View Post
I'm only 27, but getting older sucks... Everyone seems to stop giving a crap about you after you turn 21. LOL
TWENTY SEVEN!!! I have gun rags that used to be boxer shorts older than 27......geeze!

My birthday is december 22. Talk about getting screwed out of a LOT of birthday presents
Old 09-09-2013, 01:40 PM
Gold Member

when i was 27 digital watches and push button phones were high tech