Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Help,help,help,911!!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2010, 02:55 AM

Help,help,help,911!!!!!

I just purchased a barrett 98B LAPUA MAGNUM .338,and I can't get ahold of any ammo!!!! The problem is I live in hawaii,and d.o.t. does not allow loaded ammo to be shipped airmail. DOES ANYONE know of a dealer that ships over sea freight,or deals w/a freight forwarding company??!! My rig is fully set up,and I can't SHOOT her!!! HELP ME PLEASE!!! .338magnumshooter.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:03 AM
Silver Member

Re: Help,help,help,911!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by .338magnumshooter View Post
I just purchased a barrett 98B LAPUA MAGNUM .338,and I can't get ahold of any ammo!!!! The problem is I live in hawaii,and d.o.t. does not allow loaded ammo to be shipped airmail. DOES ANYONE know of a dealer that ships over sea freight,or deals w/a freight forwarding company??!! My rig is fully set up,and I can't SHOOT her!!! HELP ME PLEASE!!! .338magnumshooter.
Load your own. If ever anybody had a reason to get some reloading gear, it's you.

Fitch
Old 06-15-2010, 07:19 AM
Miller Outdoors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitch View Post
Load your own. If ever anybody had a reason to get some reloading gear, it's you.
Absolutely. It'd be a shame not to reload - especially in that situation.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:47 PM
Platinum Member

+1 w/reloading as long as your not in the same boat your already in when you go to get the reloading components. Can't imagine brass and bullets not being able to ship air but powder and primer...well that may be another matter. Hopefully the primers and powders are stocked in local gun stores/shops.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:44 AM
Platinum Member

338magnumshooter,

Check the Windward Gun Shop in Honolulu. They can be reached at (808) 286-1659. I don't know if they have any 338 LM ammo in stock, but they can order it for you. They deal directly with Kaltron-Pettibone, one of our primary US importers. At the same time, I'll agree with the rest of the comments that you might want to look into a set of dies for this one to roll your own. Easy cartridge to load for, not tempermental. Sort of like an overgrown 308 Winchester in that respect.

Hope this helps,

Kevin Thomas
Lapua USA