Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Help with gun trade

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2013, 07:46 AM
Gold Member

Help with gun trade

So I'm looking to do some trading and this is what I have been offered that I'm considering.
I have a custom 7mm rem mag already but no 300. The Weatherby looks nice but know nothing about them?

Rem 700 300 win mag w/detach mag new wood stock, but bluing is turning grey, 3-9 redfield scope dies, 101 pieces once fired brass

Weatherby Vangaurd deluxe series 2 300 win mag like new

Rem 700 CDL SF 7mm Rem mag like new

Last edited by midwesthunter; 06-19-2013 at 08:36 AM.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:23 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Help with gun trade

I'm a little confused by the post....You have a custom 7Mag....And those are the 3 options you have been offered to trade for....Correct?

I don't think I'd trade a custom 7 Mag for a Vanguard.....Just my thoughts.

I love Weatherby Mark-V rifles, but not really a big fan of the older Vanguards. The Vanguard S2's look really nice, and I've heard great things about accuracy. My #1 favorite rifle is the Remington 700. Old or new they can be revived no matter how worn out they are.

That 700 CDL SF 7Mag sounds like an awesome gun! I would go for that one, personally, being that I'm a big 7mm fan.

What all has been done to your custom 7Mag? What action is it built off of?

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:40 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunner2005 View Post
I'm a little confused by the post....You have a custom 7Mag....And those are the 3 options you have been offered to trade for....Correct?

I don't think I'd trade a custom 7 Mag for a Vanguard.....Just my thoughts.

I love Weatherby Mark-V rifles, but not really a big fan of the older Vanguards. The Vanguard S2's look really nice, and I've heard great things about accuracy. My #1 favorite rifle is the Remington 700. Old or new they can be revived no matter how worn out they are.

That 700 CDL SF 7Mag sounds like an awesome gun! I would go for that one, personally, being that I'm a big 7mm fan.

What all has been done to your custom 7Mag? What action is it built off of?

No trading a different gun, The cust 7mm has a Rem 700 action with action and bolt been squared and trued, bolt fluted, tactical knob, 27" Lilja SS barrel, Timney triger, bedded in a LRV laminated thumbhole stock, action and barrel ceroked black
Old 06-19-2013, 08:45 AM
Platinum Member

So you're keeping the custom 7Mag, and trading off a different gun. That makes more sense.

I'd probably still trade for the CDL SF 7Mag. You could always have it reamed out to a 7mm STW so you will have a little 7mm diversity.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.