close
Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

The thread is closed

(HAT) Henson Aluminum Tipped Bullet 338 Rum Test

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-01-2010, 02:37 AM
Platinum Member

Re: (HAT) Henson Aluminum Tipped Bullet 338 Rum Test

Paul,

We've had a good relationship in these forums and it distresses me to see it strained. I have not taken any pleasure in any of this but I have expressed my opinion that if someone makes tall claims they would be responsible to back those claims up with independant verification. Please read this carefully... this is not a mandate, demand or censorship. It is my opinion that I believe is shared by others and I dont think it is at all unreasonable. What Mr Henderson does is of course his prerogative.

I agree with others that this thread has gone far enough so I'm done with the debate. You have the the final word if you want it. If you want to discuss it a greater length, I would suggest PM or email.

It may sound like I'm doing an about face by being willing to try the .308 180's but Mr Henson's 100% guarantee I think is fair. Also, I'm not looking for .9 BC in those bullets. If they could give me the equivilent averge performance of .7 BC or better they would be worth the greater $$$ cost over the E-Tips or Bergers I am currently using.

I think I'll wait until I hear more about Noel's bullets before I take the plunge, but last I heard they will probably require a 9 twist or tighter.

In any case, it looks like Mr Henderson will get his day in the field, both with Noel Carlson and with a number of members which I've already said is great by me. I am very interested in hearing the results.

Regards,

Mark
    Unread 02-01-2010, 03:13 AM
    Silver Member

well one things for sure... if it was lightvarmint or anyone else with a vested interest in marketing HATS deliberate intent, you all sure played into their hands and helped them by keeping this thread at the top of the list and therefore increasing their exposure...

Unread 02-01-2010, 04:46 AM
    Platinum Member

Paul,

Most reasonable people feel false advertising is a lousy thing. It might surprise you to know, if done to a large enough extent there are even laws against it--not that this rises to that level of course but as an example to you that society generally frowns upon the practice. You seem to be the exception.

Why you feel the need to first deny it happened, then defend it as OK, then attack people here as if we have done something wrong is beyond explanation.

I hope you enjoy the bullets. Nobody cares how much you love them. If you claim they have a BC of .9, then you should expect people to question you. We can call you "LV2."
    Unread 02-01-2010, 10:17 AM
    Platinum Member

Jon, you said you've shot quite a few of these HATs. Have you tried any of the newer genration .308 180's? If so, do you think they showed a .7 BC performance or better? It would be nice to know before committing $$$, time and effort.

Thanks,

Mark
    Unread 02-01-2010, 10:46 AM
    Silver Member

Mark,

The current hunt ZA338 has a plastic densified tungsten core, instead of bonded tin/bismuth. This brings it's weight up to 300 grains, and increases gyroscopic stability.

It is compatible in a 10" twist barrel, and maintains the form factor of the earlier versions. The ZA30 will also be stable from conventional twists at 200+ grains.

Mr. Henson,

Would you like to run the 30 calibers through the instruments also?

Best,
    Noel

Last edited by noel carlson; 02-01-2010 at 11:50 AM.
    Unread 02-01-2010, 03:21 PM
    SPONSOR

Quote:
    Originally Posted by noel carlson View Post
    Mark,

The current hunt ZA338 has a plastic densified tungsten core, instead of bonded tin/bismuth. This brings it's weight up to 300 grains, and increases gyroscopic stability.

It is compatible in a 10" twist barrel, and maintains the form factor of the earlier versions. The ZA30 will also be stable from conventional twists at 200+ grains.

Mr. Henson,

Would you like to run the 30 calibers through the instruments also?

Best,
    Noel
    Sure not a problem we are going be there any way it's not like a extra trip to get it done...
    rg,,,
    Unread 02-01-2010, 03:43 PM
    Platinum Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MontanaRifleman View Post
    Jon, you said you've shot quite a few of these HATs. Have you tried any of the newer genration .308 180's? If so, do you think they showed a .7 BC performance or better? It would be nice to know before committing $$$, time and effort.
    I bought a bunch of 210's but have only shot a few. My barrel didn't like them, it's possible it was a twist issue. I'll see how they do with the new barrel. Hopefully they'll be accurate enough I can shoot over the chronographs with them.
    The thread is closed