Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

The thread is closed

(HAT) Henson Aluminum Tipped Bullet 338 Rum Test

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-31-2010, 08:13 PM
SPONSOR

Re: (HAT) Henson Aluminum Tipped Bullet 338 Rum Test

[QUOTE=edge;356779]IMO, this thread has run its course!

I was absolutely turned off by LV, and his arrogant replies.

GREYGHOST has replied "personally" that if you buy his bullets and you don't get very close to the LV quoted BC of 0.900 that you can send back your remaining bullets ( 80% my suggestion ) that you get 100% of your money back!

IMO, if respected members here take the time to shoot 20 shots with these bullets then HAT's will either take off or he will be gone from this website.

Will someone take up the challenge?

I will throw $20.00 into the pot via Paypal...LEN want to hold the money for someone you trust to do the testing?

The point has been over looked.
All of my customers used our bc's last year hunting, All one shot drops using our numbers all except a miss during one customers hunt which he said was the shooters fault.. 100% 1 shot hit and kill out to over 1100 yards!
most of my 338 265 sales last year were reorders usually 3-4 times thier origional order.. 6000 265's were sold last year..
And i do appricate thier business..And thier hunting success!!!
rg...
bulletts bullets

Last edited by GREYGHOSTt; 01-31-2010 at 10:21 PM.

Unread 01-31-2010, 08:31 PM
Platinum Member

Are the 7mm bullets available yet?
Unread 01-31-2010, 08:32 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

There are a few things here that I agree with:

GG=Goodgrouper, no question here.
Lightvarmint=Abrasive and in my opinion the source of the bickering and mean tones going on now. Because of his interaction over the last year or so. Ghost will be much better served here talking for himself.

In the past I have had a lot of fun bantering with Phorwath, sometimes a bit heated. I have to say, he sees it like it is. Shoot the bullets and report your success or failures. Otherwise leave it alone. In other words shoot or get off the pot.

I don't know of any other bullet manufacturer that will refund your purchase if you don't like them. It simply does not get any better than that. The only thing you will be out is some loading and shooting time. Unless I am mistaking, most every one here likes to do these things. On the bright side you may find a bullet that you like.

On another note, has any one caught one of these in milk jugs? I know it is not a perfect test, but it is fairly predictable. I'm not so worried about the bc's, I think they are going to be pretty high. I would like to see more on how they perform on impact.

Let's start seeing the range reports guys.

Steve

To hunt... or not to hunt...? What a stupid question.
Unread 01-31-2010, 08:53 PM
SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmason View Post
Are the 7mm bullets available yet?
Not quite yet still about 2-3 months away.
Unread 01-31-2010, 09:45 PM
Platinum Member

I am tired of stuff like this, I do not like my name coming up in this post. I do not like internet ******* contests. This will be my last post concerning the HATS. I will leave it with this summary, the bullets shoot better in my gun than the 338SMK, A BC of .89 at 3400fps works well for me, they kill stuff well enough, I will continue to use them. I am not leaving the site like THE ONLY GG, there is too much still to learn here, but will not be volenteering much.
Unread 02-01-2010, 12:31 AM
Platinum Member

I wonder if it's any coincidence that it's a full moon

Mr Henson,

That is a very good guarantee. I may take you up on it with the 30 cal 180's out of my 300 RUM this spring or summer if you are willing. I dont mind burning the factory barrel up real soon. I supose we would have to have come to an understanding of what the expected performance would be.

Mark
Unread 02-01-2010, 01:34 AM
Platinum Member

[QUOTE=MontanaRifleman;356642]
Quote:

An inaccurate and very unfortunate and flamitory statement.

-Mark
Mark,
My response is a conceptual summary rather than blow by blow.

Have you counted your number of posts in this Thread? Do you understand that collectively, your statements equate to: you don't believe the field drops or the inferred BCs, your "wowed" by the small group sizes being reported, you've lost confidence in the LV/HAT product information, and Mr. Henson's responses to your repeated requests for additional information and clarification simply don't measure up (to your satisfaction). Check it out. All combined there's no missing the taunts and underlying accusations. By your own account you've concluded the LV/HAT data lacks credibility. I suspect you feel you haven't crossed the line because of a sincere belief you're on an honerable mission - to purge this Forum of claims that fail to meet your Quality Assurance/Quality Control standards - in this case, LV/HAT product promotional information and data. And concurrently, to protect the financial interests of other Forum members. I'd recommend you leave these censorship duties to Len.

Even after a source you apparently do trust reports his BC value for the HATs, which should mean you've reached an endpoint on the BC issue, the poking and prodding continued. You've beat the hornet's nest sufficient to incite calamity. Yes, you had some cheerleaders. Don't presume they, or being privy to the higher calling, justified the onslaught.
The thread is closed