Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

The thread is closed

(HAT) Henson Aluminum Tipped Bullet 338 Rum Test

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-31-2010, 03:12 PM
Platinum Member
Re: (HAT) Henson Aluminum Tipped Bullet 338 Rum Test

Just as a request to all.

In all of the years that I have been here GG = Goodgrouper!!

Goodgrouper has been in many of the HAT threads, and interchanging GG for Greyghost is confusing and IMO disrespectful to Goodgrouper, even though I am sure that it was not meant to be

IMO, GREYGHOST should be called by something else...perhaps HAT or Ghost, or GREY.

Just my opinion

Now after a word from our sponsor..., back to the previously scheduled fight!

Unread 01-31-2010, 03:23 PM
Platinum Member
Location: The rifle range, or archery range or behind the computer in Alaska

Good idea.

How about GG2??
Long range shooting is a process that ends with a result. Once you start to focus on the result (how bad your last shot was, how big the group is going to be, what your buck will score, what your match score is, what place you are in...) then you loose the capacity to focus on the process.
Unread 01-31-2010, 03:25 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by GREYGHOSTt View Post
Yes it does we didn't spend months and months testing and countless dollars just to post ficticious bc's .
Lotts of (blood mostly mine)( sweat mostly LV's)(my shop has ac) and (tears mostly mine when u break something a punch or die )(and a few not nice words all mine ) went into developing these things and countless hours of loading technique to get the results we do.
Not to mention hours on the range and hunting for expansion tests..
Making these tri metal bullets was a great challange then finding out what makes them fly the best was the loading guide.
Sorry to be a pain, but just to put a finer point on this.

If someone orders a hundred bullets and finds the drops to be considerably more than LV had attested to earlier in this thread LV "(using the most conservative BC of .900)" and then returns say 80-90 within a reasonable time period after testing, that there would be a full refund for the 100 that correct?

My analogy would be if I went to the supermarket and bought a gallon of milk but found that it were spoiled that they would refund the full amount without regard to the 12 ounces missing from the glass I poured down the drain.

Inquiring minds want to know

Clearly I see no reason not to try the bullets if that guarantee is indeed in effect!

Unread 01-31-2010, 03:36 PM

Yes sir that is correct. Just like the milk...
A Bullet Smith...
Unread 01-31-2010, 06:55 PM
Platinum Member

Last edited by phorwath; 01-31-2010 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Double Post due to bad wireless connection.
Unread 01-31-2010, 07:31 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Jon A View Post
LV did provide BCs. Repeatedly. That's what started all this. Even in this very thread.

If lack of stability was the only cause of poor groups, that would be true. But that's a very specific case (and not a very common one) that in no way supports the contention that had Bryan "taken the time to work up an accurate load" his results would have been any different. Bryan invited this response. I provided the correlation - one that everyone would understand. My HATs didn't shoot well - likely because they weren't stabilized. Have you or Bryan the high speed cameras or research data to prove Bryan's were? A little tit for tat.

I don't recall him ever demanding that. This comment wasn't directed at Bryan and I don't recall specifying that it was. But he and other here have demanded fantastic/incredible (or plainly false) claims not be made without supporting data. Why stop shy with the illusion of false? Moving past the pretense of false, the demands are the primary problem. Same story as Richard with his startup of the original Canadian-based Wildcat bullets. No one had any basis to demand BCs then. No one has any basis of authority to demand them of Mr. Henson now. Some want a BC from Mr. Henson. They don't get one and then proceed as if empowered to lead a charge to demand a BC. No one’s owed a BC yet no one has to buy the bullets. But that's not good enough? We still have demands. The casual reader might conclude buying HATs was a requirement the equivalent of paying Federal tax.

I'm not sure why you sound so defensive. I really don't think the forum members want anything more than to not be fed BS that causes them to waste their money. Call me defensive but I've got nothing to defend. I shined the light on this assault for what it is. I typically side with the minority and now the majority seems to be on the defensive. Beats me? Anyone who thinks all we've had here is a good healthy exchange of ideas in a cordial manner - well just read the prior MR post. And the following two after that. It sounds like everyone would be happy, if only Mr. Henson would meet their demands. Demands based on peer pressure. It's not good enough that he offers to refund the money on his bullets if you try them and don't like them. Now he also needs to provide a new barrel and pay the re-barrel cost at the smiths? How does one define outrageous?

In case you're wondering, I have spent hundreds of dollars on HAT bullets already. Not because I believed the BCs advertised, but because I thought they might be good bullets with a decent BC. Jon, I'm not wondering. My purchase doesn't give me any claim to fame. The only reason I mentioned my purchase was to verify Mr. Henson's response to my situation was consistent with his money back offer, even when he had no culpability. Everyone read right past the money back offer. Not even a time out. Next item on the agenda is that the money back offer doesn't fully compensate for barrel wear & tear. Hello? Don't buy the bullets. Let's just pretend there's nothing within this Thread other than hidden accusations and cordial exchanges. Oh, I forgot the demands of BCs. Me defensive? Guess I should leave the light switched off.

Unfortunately, few members here have the knowledge, equipment and ability to test BC's that I do so they rely on manufacturer's claims more than I do and are more likely to spend a bunch of money thinking they're getting something they are not. Like with the Bergers before the BCs were corrected? Oops. BCs are guidelines. I've said it before. I wasn't the first and won't be the last. They require field verification for LRH.

That's why the fantastic claims bothered me. Certainly not for any "personal benefit" to me.
1) To my knowledge, you can buy the HAT bullets if you decide to. No one can force them on you.
2) Demands don't create any obligation of compliance, no matter how disappointing that may be.

Last edited by phorwath; 01-31-2010 at 08:44 PM.
Unread 01-31-2010, 07:38 PM
Platinum Member

IMO, this thread has run its course!

I was absolutely turned off by LV, and his arrogant replies.

GREYGHOST has replied "personally" that if you buy his bullets and you don't get very close to the LV quoted BC of 0.900 that you can send back your remaining bullets ( 80% my suggestion ) that you get 100% of your money back!

IMO, if respected members here take the time to shoot 20 shots with these bullets then HAT's will either take off or he will be gone from this website.

Will someone take up the challenge?

I will throw $20.00 into the pot via Paypal...LEN want to hold the money for someone you trust to do the testing?

The thread is closed