Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

HART rifle barrels SUCK!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2009, 08:37 PM
Platinum Member

Location: The rifle range, or archery range or behind the computer in Alaska
HART rifle barrels SUCK!!!!

That is what I want you all to believe. That way when I order a barrel I will continue to receive them in a timely fashion.

The reality is that I ordered a Hart blank 3 weeks ago. The USPS carrier dropped it off this afternoon. They quoted me 4 weeks till delivery. It also showed up EXACTLY the way that I ordered it.

Now I would like to thank them for their quick turn around time and the quality equipment they sent me. I really wish other companies in this field would act like this. I am so frustrated with so many companies because lately with the exception of HRB, I am quoted one thing and another reality happens. I have actually in the recent past cancelled orders just because I am so sick of people telling me one thing and doing another. Once here and there is OK but it seems as if everybody has screwed me in the last couple of years. Now I dont care if you tell me it will take 2 years to get me what I want. Just dont tell me one week and make it 6 weeks to a year.

So I am sorry for the rant. The companies who have pissed me off recently will remain nameless but the company that has made me super happy is Hart rifle barrels.

Thank you.

I will report later (a couple of weeks) when I get her chambered and fitted as to how she shoots.

Regards.
Long range shooting is a process that ends with a result. Once you start to focus on the result (where the shot goes, how big the group is, what your buck will score, what your match score is, what place you are in...) then you loose the capacity to focus on the process.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:45 PM
Gold Member

Re: HART rifle barrels SUCK!!!!

Michael Eichele

When you see how a Hart barrel shoots, you will be even happier.

JD338
Old 04-24-2009, 11:08 PM
Platinum Member

I cannot wait!
Long range shooting is a process that ends with a result. Once you start to focus on the result (where the shot goes, how big the group is, what your buck will score, what your match score is, what place you are in...) then you loose the capacity to focus on the process.
Old 04-25-2009, 04:46 AM
Platinum Member

Michael- are building a new one or rebarreling the 308 or the rum?
Old 04-25-2009, 08:52 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

I have been using more Hart barrels lately, mainly on projects I have been piecing together to clean up parts sitting around the shop and will likely just sell the finished rifles.

Of the last 4 I have used, all have been extremely good shooters. I have been very impressed.

I used the Hart barrels simply because I found them in stock from different distributors and had them a couple days after I ordered them. Quick and they had a good rep so I decided to try some, very happy. Not saying they are better then the other top end barrels but they are certainly a top end barrel.

My friend Shawn Carlock uses them ALOT and we all know how his rifles shoot!

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 04-25-2009, 10:00 AM
Platinum Member

I have used Hart barrels for thirty years and they are exceptional rifle barrels. My finest rifles are built on them. I just got two more in recently for a 338-378 and a 338-416 imp. I have never built one that would not shoot extremely well. I can't say that for some other barrel makers.
Old 04-25-2009, 12:56 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmason View Post
Michael- are building a new one or rebarreling the 308 or the rum?
I am having my 308 re-barreled. I will also at this time true the action.

I also have another brand of barrel in the mail waiting to be chambered to a 300 WSM. I will convert my 300 RUM to 300 WSM. For now I will live with the long action on the WSM.

My long term plans are to have GAP build me a 338 Lapua on their Templar action and an A5 stock. I already have my 308 and I will eventualy sell my long action and have a SA 300 WSM built. It will be built to the same specs as my 308. As for my 308, I am planning on setting her up for switch barrel and getting more barrels for it such as a 14x and 12x. I will use the 14x for the 155's and shorter range 168's. The 12x for 178's and 180's and the 11x for the 190-200's.

In short, I will have a super LR boomer (338 LM), a practice and medium size critter, medium range gun (308) and a bigger game LR gun (300 WSM). I figure if I want to harvest a moose at 1K or better, the 338 LM will play here. If I want to still hunt deer or elk in the brush, I will carry the 308 or 300 WSM. When I am hunting sheep or antelope at over 600 yards the WSM will be the goto rifle. If I just want to practice and have fun and when I compete, I will use the 308. Also I plan to use the 308 to conduct the occasional experiemt.

Thanks everybody for the encouraging words on Hart barrels. This is my 1st Hart. With the turn around time and reutation, it most likely will NOT be my last.