Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Hart Barrels - I need your input

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2008, 06:45 PM
Platinum Member

Yeah, I have had 2 Hart hvy barreled rifles, a 7mm-08 and a .30 x .378. Both out shoot me. I don't hesitate to use their barrels.

I don't usually shoot a custom rifle at all. The owners normally want to break in their barrel. I do keep in touch with them to be sure that they are satisfied, though. I agree with Bounty Hunter, very few people are able to pay for the bench time and range time to do load development for them, and most 'smiths don't have the time themselves to provide the service. However, if a customer is not able to make a rifle shoot, then you would have to take it back and make the time. You can't stand to have a rifle out there that won't shoot, no matter what the reason is.

Choose your stock carefully. The finest metal work can't deliver in a crappy stock.

Good shooting, Tom

A big fast bullet will beat a little fast bullet every time
Old 01-17-2008, 07:18 PM
Bronze Member

I just took a daytrip up to Harts shop in Nescopek and was impressed with how I was treated. I was going to get some work done on a rifle and had about 200 questions to ask that were patiently answered and was given some much appreciated advice. I left with the feeling that they didn't want to do work that they couldn't stand behind and they valued their reputation. Does that $600 price include the cost of the barrel?
Old 01-17-2008, 10:26 PM
Bronze Member

I dont think Hart barrells and RW Hart from Nescopeck Pa is the same company, he does use mostly hart barells. Bob Hart is a top notch guy, I actually have a gun on order from him right now.

Travis
Old 01-17-2008, 10:35 PM
Platinum Member

Hart makes great barrles. You can't go wrong with either of the top barrel makers; Krieger, Hart, Lilja, ect.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:44 AM

Re: Hart Barrels - I need your input

Rebuilt my 40xb remington 300wm in a Mcmillian A-5 sniper stock. Rifle was built by Clarience Hammonds. Two weeks later won the Allegheny sniper challenge. Won it again that fall. Will shoot one holes all day if I do my job.
Building a 338 RUM now.
Nuff said.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:11 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Diamond 408 View Post
Hart Barrels are one of the top companies out there! You wont go wrong with them.

Dave
i second that. i have one hart and 4 kriegers. you will like it . wish i had a good barrel years ago. with a good scope and load shots up to 600 should be no problem
Old 09-28-2010, 12:16 PM
Platinum Member

I have 4 Harts and over 25 Krieger tubes counting blanks------GOOD STUFF!!!