Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Hart barrels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2014, 03:21 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Hart barrels

Quote:
Originally Posted by nctta View Post
I have my doubts that Jim Hart would have an issue with a rifle he barreled and not stand behind his work! In fact, I had them to build a 6.5-06 that shot lights out with 120g BT but wouldn't shoot the 140 Bergers all that well. After discussing the problem it was discovered that I had a 1:10 TW barrel. Jim paid for the shipping both ways and had my "new" barrel fitted and returned in 2 weeks. In my book that can't be beat!
That's what you call customer service right there.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 03-27-2014, 04:24 PM
Bronze Member

I had Hart do a .300rum for me, work was top notch.
Old 03-28-2014, 04:34 PM
Silver Member

Thanks for all the comments, suggestions and recomendations! keep them coming.

This project probably wont start until this fall but I wanted to look and research my options.
Old 03-28-2014, 07:52 PM
Silver Member

Im thinking of doing exactly what you are talking about but in 338 lapua improved if hart has the reamer. All the machine work, barrel and the extra $180 for the spiral fluting puts it at $880+the price of the rifle. Thats a ready to shoot custom rifle for $2000. Cant beat that.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:33 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotelite View Post
Im thinking of doing exactly what you are talking about but in 338 lapua improved if hart has the reamer. All the machine work, barrel and the extra $180 for the spiral fluting puts it at $880+the price of the rifle. Thats a ready to shoot custom rifle for $2000. Cant beat that.
My thoughts exactly! My only hang up is, it says on their website that they install vais brakes. Im not too interested in being covered in dust everytime I trip the trigger
Old 03-28-2014, 08:43 PM

I would use a directional brake. I shot a 7 STW with a Vias brake and had dirt in my contacts every shot. I have a CSR 4 port mag muscle on my 338 Lapua and love it.
Old 03-29-2014, 12:17 AM
Silver Member

you stole my idea. but i have also looked into a couple different barrel makers. Like bartlein i sent them an email about the total price waiting to hear back from them. in the exact same caliber as you. .338 edge