Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Harrell's Precision Muzzle brake

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-19-2005, 08:23 AM
Re: Harrell\'s Precision Muzzle brake

Hey Grizzz - Do you have any contact info on the smith you were refering to on the sled testing?

Unread 11-19-2005, 03:44 PM

His name is Larry, and he is a former Hunter Benchrest National Champion. I will see if I can find out where he moved to. Used to be in Union Mo.
Unread 11-19-2005, 04:13 PM
Platinum Member

Thanks for the explanation. Now I know where you are coming from. There is nothing like a good testing to show the differences.

I have a Holland QD installed on my 338 Win. Only brake I've ever had. Really like it. Accuracy did not get any better and didn't get any worse. But consistency sure did improve.

This is the first setup that I shoot one-shot groups for doing things like drop chart development.

Shot one shot w/out ear protection [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] set the ol' ears aringin' ouch [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Was shooting from the bipod laying in good old blow sand. No dust at all. But there was a bunch of dust for the first couple of shoots from the sage brush. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
I may be the slowest guy on the mountain . . . . but . . . . I'm on the mountain!
Unread 11-19-2005, 04:45 PM

"one is about a good as another"

Yep, that is true about barrels and bullets too. That is why so many 1000 yard records are held by ruger factory barrels and speer bullets. Cheaper is always better if you are a retard. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehehe!! Once upon a time Bill Ruger and Company made up some "so-called" Palma Rifles for the US Palma Team when we were in Raton training and the damn things wouldn't shoot worth a shxt!! You'd a been safe sitting on the crapper at 1000 yds. cause it would have been damn difficult to hit an outhouse that distance with one of 'em!!

Yep....cheaper is better!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]