Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Gunwerks LR-1000

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2010, 08:19 PM
Silver Member

Gunwerks LR-1000

Has anyone shot one of these rifles? I find it curious that they claim the action that they use is their own when it is a Stiller Predator?? And the stock looks like some hybrid McMillan, again not manufactured by them but they claim it also. I have personaly seen a couple of Greybull Precision rifles shoot and they are hammers. I know that they used to build the Best of The West rifles but it seems thay have parted ways. The Gunwerks basic rifle is $4500!!!! Ouch, seems alot when thay are a parts assembler. I know it is all trued/squared and fitted but how can they justify the price? I am not trying to start something here, I am just curious to how they shoot.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:24 PM
PUBLISHER

Re: Gunwerks LR-1000

Everything I have heard about how they shoot is very good.

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 05-23-2010, 10:23 AM
Silver Member

If they get parts from other manufacturers, it's called outsourcing. Nothing new here.

Forget price and think value.

Does the rifle accomplish everything you need?

Personally there is no rifle in the world I would pay that much money for. I can accomplish the same thing with a rifle for less than $500. The scope however will cost about $2000.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:48 AM
Platinum Member

I haven't even looked at them. But don't forget that cost often includes more than checks are written for.
I hold a couple guns that cost as much, and still took a great deal of my time & effort to meet goals with. Given this, I'm thinking I would pay more for guns that actually meet my goals -with zero time & effort.

Just another persective...
Old 05-23-2010, 11:56 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikecr View Post
I haven't even looked at them. But don't forget that cost often includes more than checks are written for.
I hold a couple guns that cost as much, and still took a great deal of my time & effort to meet goals with. Given this, I'm thinking I would pay more for guns that actually meet my goals -with zero time & effort.

Just another persective...
Absolutely!

You are paying for them to do all the work for you, not only put the parts together, but work up the loads, match the scope and loads, and give you a complete turn-key system.

It is the time and effort that I enjoy the most putting together a system which gives me far greater satisfaction with my accomplisment than just writing a check.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:21 PM
Platinum Member

Well, I just went & looked at it, and I fully concede that in this case it is a very bad deal.
It appears to me that the $4500 is just for a stick figure rifle, and that anything of 'System' value adds to more than twice as much!!

No, their clientele must consist of 1/2 Jarret's market.
Basically, rich fools.....

Now, if they actually put a system together that would do what they imply as 'turn-key' for $4500, then atleast there would be something to discuss intelligently.
Old 05-23-2010, 03:01 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by topbrass View Post
If they get parts from other manufacturers, it's called outsourcing. Nothing new here.

Forget price and think value.

Does the rifle accomplish everything you need?

Personally there is no rifle in the world I would pay that much money for. I can accomplish the same thing with a rifle for less than $500. The scope however will cost about $2000.
+1

Yes, the scope with knowledge in ballistics is far more valuable than a gun in my opinion...... AND everyone is entitled to there own opinion.