Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

gun shop frustration

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2012, 08:46 AM
Platinum Member

Re: gun shop frustration

Why sweat the little stuff, it's not worth the trouble ... move on!

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.

"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an @zzhole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:42 PM
Silver Member

Re: gun shop frustration

I am glad I found this older thread. I like J E Custom's point - "ask your gunsmith", I did this before I bought my last rifle. Actually I asked 2 gunsmiths.

I also like Joe King's comment - "find a good used rifle". I remember over ten years ago when I was shooting trap I walked into a little old style gun shop where they had the hand guns swinging on wooden pegs. They had an old Browning trap gun that was in darn good shape for the money and it fit me but I walked away from it and I still regret it to this day. Instead I bought something new for much more money (great shotgun but the old Browning would have been fine).

You have to find a dealer you can work with. And leave your money at home when you visit the store. I see so much impulse buying in gun shops it is scary. And if there is a great deal you can always ask them to hold it a few hours and go home and get the credit card, I did that once.

Most gun shops are tired of the newbies that have no clue so I can understand why they sell the way they do. But for those of us that want something specific or better we have to take our time. My last rifle took me 9 months to get.