Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Which gun?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2013, 07:25 PM
Bronze Member

Which gun?

I am looking for a new deer rifle and have narrowed my caliber to a 270 WSM but I can't decide on the gun. Iv picked out four a tikka t3 lite SS, a T/C venture synthetic, a Remington 700 SPS, and a browning x-bolt hunter. Unfortunately I have no experience with any of these. They all fit me well and seem to be quality guns if anyone has experience, advice, or suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
-TJ
Old 07-07-2013, 07:34 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Which gun?

I have Rem 700's and A-Bolt II's...They are both excellent rifles. The Brownings are awsome shooters from the factory, and insane when you put an aftermarket barrel on it. However, aftermarket options suck for them. If you want to be able to build a totally decked-out and unique rifle, I would go with the Rem 700.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:51 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Which gun?

I have a rem700 sps in .300wm that I've changed the stock and added a decent scope and 20moa rail on and with my handloads have been able to get 5/8" 3 shot groups. The key to this rifle has been getting past 200 rounds. It seems after 200 rounds this thing has really stepped up. As stated above they have a great aftermarket, but overall I think they are a great rifle.
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
Which gun?-image.jpg