Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

GS Custom Bullets. Has anybody tried these?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2005, 10:53 AM
Silver Member

Re: GS Custom Bullets. Has anybody tried these?

3SB,

I do not have any in those calibers or I would send you some. They will give you a money trnasfer company and it was safe for me.

Some people have had issues but not me. Make your first order a small one and then graduate to a larger one if you see fit.

You don't have a 6mm 270 or 7mm? Those are the ones i have on hand?

Later,
Kyle
Old 04-25-2005, 11:00 AM
Silver Member

Here is a link to one of the deer I killed with them and a target i shot.

Bellmtcs
Old 04-25-2005, 11:05 AM
Silver Member

[ QUOTE ]
3SB,

I do not have any in those calibers or I would send you some. They will give you a money trnasfer company and it was safe for me.

Some people have had issues but not me. Make your first order a small one and then graduate to a larger one if you see fit.

You don't have a 6mm 270 or 7mm? Those are the ones i have on hand?

Later,
Kyle

[/ QUOTE ] I do thank you vary much for the offer. It is really vary kind of you. The only 6mm. barrels I have are 14 twist that work great with up to 65 grain flat base bullets. The only 7mm. here is a old John Rigby in 7X57 and it's one that is a might to valuable to drag out for a hunt. The only reason I own the dern thing is that I'm a sucker for old English and European made rifles. I know it's a failing, but a guy should be allowed a vice or two? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] P.S. Nice old buck, I hope he ate as good as he looks!
Old 04-25-2005, 11:08 AM
Platinum Member

[ QUOTE ]
I want to try them in .224,.257,.264,.308,.338 and of course.375. There web-site makes them appear to be the best thing since sliced bread. I did send an e-mail to them yesterday and asked them about the shipping problems. I hope they reply that all is good now. I can see where a guy could really spend some money if they are as they claim they are. Well I can only hope! Is there a safe way to send funds overseas?

[/ QUOTE ]

Talk to Gina (one of Gererd's daughters). Awesome girl. She was very helpfull with me. Like I said I got mine in 10 days or so--From S. Africa to Wyoming. A lot of the shipping kinks have been worked out due to the relative political stability (as opposed to the past that is!)
This is a payment that is secure and they accept

https://www.ikobo.com/
Old 04-25-2005, 11:11 AM
Silver Member

POP: thank you for that link, I will make the call.
Old 04-25-2005, 11:16 AM
Platinum Member

I think you will be very happy! All I can say is that if the had a US distributor where the prices would be more accessible by the average Joe, these would be all I would shoot!
Old 04-26-2005, 06:58 AM
Chawlston

I have some of them in .308 caliber. They are very accurate in my guns, but the BC was not what I expected. I shot them at 100 yard increments at 3600 fps muzzle velocity and was suprised at the amount of drop at 700 yards. I then checked my equipment and shot some over two chronographs. The chronographs yeilded a BC that exactly matched my trajectory testing. During my testing at 90 feet above sea level, I got .339 for the 160 HV and .411 for the 173gr HV. Again, the actual trajectories matched exactly with the JBM program for the derived BCs. I still plan on using them for my "less than 600 yard" gun.

The accuracy was scary at 100 yards.... .037" out of the Hart-barrelled, Hall-actioned, McMillan-stocked, Nightforce-scoped hunting rifle in 30 Super.