Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

GS Custom bullets

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2007, 03:00 AM
Silver Member

Re: GS Custom bullets

I know 2Scoops used to shoot them. I don't know if he hunted with them. I'll refer him here.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:56 AM
Bronze Member

Steve,
I've shot a couple of animals with the GS 150gr (1 in 10 twist 308 win). Never managed to recover any bullets. Quality of the bullets are good, and they grouped really well in my 308Win (under 1/2 MOA) from standard Rem.

Only "mishap" I had was when I shot an impala(100 pound antelope) at about 12 yards on the shoulder (long story as to why shoulder and not head). The bullet glanced off a rib and ran the length of the body just under the skin. According to GS it was as a result of the bullet not yet stabilized. Shot numerous animals from 60 pounds up to 250 pounds with no problems. Full penetration shoulder to shoulder.

Moved to SMK's for better BC's and reliable data from Sierra Infinity program.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:56 AM
Platinum Member

[ QUOTE ]
The bulets are FLAWLESS!!! +1 on what POP said....if they were readily available here....I would use nothing but GS. I have used them in 300WM, 280, 280AI, and 243. My wife and I are both in their gallery section.

http://gsgroup.co.za/kyle.html

and

http://gsgroup.co.za/gennie.html

[/ QUOTE ]

Man I wish they had a distributor here.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:13 AM
Platinum Member

[ QUOTE ]
Mach V,

They don't really expand...you will be disappointed by their looks from wet telephone books. Basically they become flat nose bullets upon entry.

This is not a bad thing as it's speed and disruption cause massive internal bleeding without the bloodshot meat from fragmentation. GEt an accurate load and use them on game...the only real test.

Kyle

[/ QUOTE ]

I tested them and I can tell you this. 2 416 caliber 330 grain made a mess out of things on a antelope at 452 yards and at 277 yards. I had to pull one bullet and the kinetic bullet puller deformed this bullet! A lot softeer than the barnes x. I was talking to Gerard and he related some expand down to 1200 fps. I believe him. That's how soft they are.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:52 PM
Silver Member

GS Custom is now availble in the US

GS Custom Bullets USA

Three rules of Life: If you're too open-minded, your brains will fall out. Don't worry about what people think; they don't do it very often. Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:42 PM
Platinum Member

Baylor,
I ordered from this guy about 3 months ago. It sounds like his shipment is stuck in customs. 3 weeks ago he sent me a note saying they were supposed to clear customs. Still have not seen them. I think it would have been easier to order from South Africa.
Steve
Old 05-11-2007, 10:11 PM
Silver Member

Bj....Unless things have changed, he orders them from GS after you place your order. His communication sucks!!! Sent him an email about having GS in stock....took forever for him to say "NO"

If you want them....order from GS and use Air mail.

Kyle