Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Group Buy for Patagonia Ballistics Program

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2007, 02:25 PM
Silver Member

Group Buy for Patagonia Ballistics Program

Hey Fellows,

This is a thread to see what the interest will be for a group buy for Patagonia Ballistics Program.

I have Len's permission to run a Group Buy from his forum!

Thanks Much Len!!

I've done a little checking myself and I think this is a very good program that promises technical backup and future updates included in the license price.

Such as; The folks at Patagonia are presently working on a downloadable PDA or handheld PC program and it will be made available to all licensee's as soon as it's available, free of charge.

Check it out for yourself and contact me via PM for more details. We will be able to save a lot off the regular price!!

This program seems to have everything one could want or need!

Here's a link to Gustavo's Article here on LRH......
http://www.longrangehunting.com/arti...ballistics.php

And here's a link to his site so you can check out all it offers...
http://www.patagoniaballistics.com/

Please contact me via e-mail for more info such as pricing....

huntinfool@suddenlink.net

Thanks,
Chuck

"Why, they couldn't hit an elephant at this dist...".

Romans 8:28

http://www.suddenlink.net/pages/huntinfool/

Last edited by Huntinfool; 08-07-2007 at 11:33 PM.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:12 PM
Platinum Member

I've read Gustavo's article and posts, and have viewed his website several times. I find his software very interesting, and with a lot of features I'd like to have......however. I have 2 or 3 very good packages for my desktop PC and have a very good one that I use in the field on my Palm.

Therein lies the rub for me. Gustavo is going to bring out his field/pocket software in the Pocket PC format so, for me, the only thing I'd end up with is another great desktop PC software package. Even though that would be a good thing, I'd also like it to be compatible with the Palm, which I use because of personal preferences.

If Gustavo had the same offer, only with a version for Palm in the field, I'd probably already have his software package.:confused::confused:

I'll keep watching though, and may go with the desktop version anyway.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:39 PM
Silver Member

Ok, count me in.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:18 PM
Platinum Member

When he gets the Palm version I would be interested. I don't need any more desk top ones. I like my Palm because the battery lasts 3 to 4 weeks and it fits in the pocket on my Swarovski range finder. Pocket PCs have no place for me. If I needed that much I would just take a lap top along. I'm with ss7mm, if were Palm friendly, I would have already had it.

Only accurate rifles are interesting.

Gordy and Brady.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:23 PM
Silver Member

Well!

Edumacate this old country boy what all types of pda, palm, pocket pcs are available.

I guess I need to take a crash course on this subject cause as they say it's all greek to me!

HELP???

Chuck

"Why, they couldn't hit an elephant at this dist...".

Romans 8:28

http://www.suddenlink.net/pages/huntinfool/
Old 08-07-2007, 04:38 PM
Platinum Member

I use a Palm because you can buy them soooo much cheaper than a Pocket PC unit. I only use it for one thing and that's field use of my ballistic software so I don't need the capabilities of e-mail, Excel, games etc. etc..

If you have to have all of the normal desktop functions in a pocket unit then go with the Pocket PC format. If all you want is something to run your field ballistic software then consider a Palm. They are really available at throwaway prices and handle the ballistic software just fine.

Just make sure that if you buy a Palm that it has battery backup for the memory. Some of the really lower end units will lose the installed software if the battery goes completely dead.

Oh yeah, ;) if you buy a Palm, make sure you get the software that is Palm compatible.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:41 PM
Silver Member

I'm In

Would also like to see a vista version as i have the xp version and can not get it to run on vista.