Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Gradous Rifles Workmanship

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2008, 02:45 PM

Gradous Rifles Workmanship

Just got a Remington 700VS from Gradous Rifles.Robert is Da Man!Bedded stock,cut crown square to the bore and worked over trigger.WOW!I was gonna rebuild gun to shoot F-Class with a McMillian stock and a Schnider Bbl.I cant justify breaking the gun down now that Robert worked his magic.This is the second gun he has done for me and will get all the work I can afford to give him.Beware!He is critical of his work and it aint right till he says it is.Look him up.Gradous Rifles
Old 06-20-2008, 09:25 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smirker View Post
Just got a Remington 700VS from Gradous Rifles.Robert is Da Man!Bedded stock,cut crown square to the bore and worked over trigger.WOW!I was gonna rebuild gun to shoot F-Class with a McMillian stock and a Schnider Bbl.I cant justify breaking the gun down now that Robert worked his magic.This is the second gun he has done for me and will get all the work I can afford to give him.Beware!He is critical of his work and it aint right till he says it is.Look him up.Gradous Rifles
Robert likes to play like he's a big ole dumb country pig farmer, but under all that is one of the sharpest and smartest individuals you'll ever talk with. The man really understands guns and internal and external ballistics and really understands how each works together. There are few smiths out there that will devote the attention to detail and hold the tight tolerances that Robert gives all his work. You're correct when you say a rifle won't leave his shop until its right and right by his standards.

Robert and I have already been discussing my next rifle build which will be a left-handed Win Model 70 Featherweight in .243.

Let us know how your new dream shoots.

Mathew 5:16

Distance is not an issue, but the wind will make it interesting!