Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Got a package from Fort Shaw

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2005, 10:23 AM
Platinum Member

Got a package from Fort Shaw

More 270 AMís ready to go downrange. These are loaded up and ready for fire forming. 169.5 grain Wildcat ULD RBBTís over WC872 and Federal 215 primers. After todayís break in and fire forming, they will be all muscled up and ready to do some really serious business with quite a bit more powder. Next week will be load testing and hopefully will have full loads worked up by next weekend.

Gun is an accurized, re-barreled Savage 110 with Sightron SIII, 6-24x50 that belongs to my hunting buddy. It now has a 30Ē Lilja barrel with Holland QD brake installed. Kirby set the trigger at 2# and it breaks like glass, consistently within 1 or 2 tenths of a pound at 2#. I think this could be the start of some serious fun. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Weíll get this one out of the way and then Iíll be ready for the 7mm AM, if McMillan ever comes through with a stock.

Old 09-23-2005, 10:38 AM
SPONSOR

Re: Got a package from Fort Shaw

congrats on the gun,

I have seen that engraving on a barrel once or twice before [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Tell us what you get for a max load once you get the full tilt loads worked up.

BJ's RSI shooting lab just showed up so we will be testing it tomorrow and then hopefully on SUnday I will do some serious testing with the 270 AM.

Have fun with your new toy, it is a mean mother!!!

Take it easy
STeve
"Products for shooters, by shooters"
1-800-522-3314
monday-friday 8:30-5:30 CST
Old 09-23-2005, 01:39 PM
Platinum Member

SS7MM

There is something about looking at a full tray of loaded bullets that just makes one feel good. And it is even better to have a full tray on Friday.

What is the lag time on a Mac stock? I sent them an email last week and they said about 4-6 weeks. Is that what you are experiencing?
Old 09-23-2005, 02:09 PM
Platinum Member

buffalobob:

I don't know what stock they told you had a 4-6 week time frame but we were told 10-12 weeks delivery time was what they were running and that time frame was up about 5-6 weeks ago. It may be the A-5 that I've ordered that causes the delay but I've heard they take on government contracts and get behind on us poor civilians.

They are a good stock and worth the wait. That is easy to say after you have one but if your new gun is being held up by waiting on a stock then you wonder. After it's here and in use the wait will all be forgotten. It sure would have been nice to have it by hunting season though.

Good luck if you order one.

Yeah, I too like the looks of the little soldiers all lined up in the tray waiting to go flying. My buddy had a death in the family so had to leave for the weekend. Looks like we won't do any shooting until Monday. At least by then I'll have about 200 cases prepped, sized and ready for fire forming. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-23-2005, 03:27 PM
Gold Member

I can't believe you guys are using those good bullets for fire forming. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I see you have some 7mm bullets there to where do you live and when do you plan on being gone for a while? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] J/K Looks like you are going to be having some fun. Good Luck and let us know how it does.
Old 09-23-2005, 06:21 PM
Platinum Member

I went back and rechecked the email. Kellly did say 8-10 weeks on an A-5. Sorry about misrepresenting what she said.
Old 09-23-2005, 06:32 PM
Silver Member

Took 13 weeks on my A5, but it is well worth the wait. I got it in the new G.A. Precision camo pattern. I'll put pics up in the moring if anyone is interested in this pattern.