Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics


Reply

got one today ive been looking for a while for

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #8  
Old 03-02-2013, 12:46 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: N.D.
Posts: 3,145
Re: got one today ive been looking for a while for

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydsmale View Post
Found a guy on the cast bullet fourm that had a like new in the box 300 H&H remington classic. Its been on my dream list for years and its finally in the house. Put a 3x9 vx2 on it today. Should make a nice hunting rig!
Did you ever get that #1 in 300 h@h you were talking about Lloyd??? The remmy will be a hell of a pipe, but the #1's are just so different...... Dang, now I'm at it; I'll be like Ettisll40 talking about sleeping with my rifles soon.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-02-2013, 01:09 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Leominster mass, originally Salisbury Maryland
Posts: 1,324
Re: got one today ive been looking for a while for

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydsmale View Post
1983 was the year for the 300. Ive accumlated about 300 once fired brass already. Like i said this was a project at the top of my dream list and ive been preparing for a while. Looking in the safe last night i had to chuckle. Ive allways preached that i was a .25 cal fan first and most. I counted 7 of them in the safe. started looking at the .30s and have 2 3030s 2 308s 2 06s and one each of 300wsm, 300 win mag, 300 h&h, 300wby mag and 300 ultra. Looks like the 30s are taking over.
That is funny! In my gun cabinet, most everything is in some sort of 7mm configuration, for the exception of my 22-259, 25-06' and 300 win mag. And as we speak, I am building a 280 on a Brux barrel, with a Winchester action.
The one great thing about the 300 HH, is that the brass can EASILY be made into 7 STW brass. And the fact that you can get NORMA brass, is even better. That's my cure to the brass shortage and the STW at this point. It seems that most everybody has 300-375 HH brass in Norma. And fire forming is no big deal! You don't even need a bullet.
The 300 HH is really a cool bullet. With the modern powders avail now, you can work wonders with those things. I saw a Remington 721 a while back in 300 HH, in a "B" grade! That gun was in 95% shape, and could have been had for around $ 550 bucks. I didn't have it with me, or it would have been mine. Again, nice pick up, and a Classic to boot!
__________________
AIM SMALL,MISS SMALL. 7 STW
LIFE IS TOO SHORT! AND WE ARE A LONG TIME DEAD!!!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-02-2013, 07:23 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 1,483
Re: got one today ive been looking for a while for

When I get her all tucked in I'll send a pic. Before my girl gets home!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-03-2013, 05:50 AM
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 832
Re: got one today ive been looking for a while for

nope never got it. Had a price worked out with the guy and the day before i went to get a money order his price magicaly went up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty7mmstw View Post
Did you ever get that #1 in 300 h@h you were talking about Lloyd??? The remmy will be a hell of a pipe, but the #1's are just so different...... Dang, now I'm at it; I'll be like Ettisll40 talking about sleeping with my rifles soon.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-03-2013, 05:53 AM
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 832
Re: got one today ive been looking for a while for

that 721 would have been a hell of a buy at 550!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7stw View Post
That is funny! In my gun cabinet, most everything is in some sort of 7mm configuration, for the exception of my 22-259, 25-06' and 300 win mag. And as we speak, I am building a 280 on a Brux barrel, with a Winchester action.
The one great thing about the 300 HH, is that the brass can EASILY be made into 7 STW brass. And the fact that you can get NORMA brass, is even better. That's my cure to the brass shortage and the STW at this point. It seems that most everybody has 300-375 HH brass in Norma. And fire forming is no big deal! You don't even need a bullet.
The 300 HH is really a cool bullet. With the modern powders avail now, you can work wonders with those things. I saw a Remington 721 a while back in 300 HH, in a "B" grade! That gun was in 95% shape, and could have been had for around $ 550 bucks. I didn't have it with me, or it would have been mine. Again, nice pick up, and a Classic to boot!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-03-2013, 07:50 AM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: N.D.
Posts: 3,145
Re: got one today ive been looking for a while for

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydsmale View Post
nope never got it. Had a price worked out with the guy and the day before i went to get a money order his price magicaly went up.
Seemes to happen once in a while, doesn't it.... He decided to see how much better you liked the rifle than him.... Playing chicken with price always gets the walk away from me too.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-03-2013, 09:57 AM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 1,483
Re: got one today ive been looking for a while for

Yeah, be patient, principles and values are important.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2014 Long Range Hunting, LLC