Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics


Got a ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2011, 06:12 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 11
Got a ?

Seen this picture on this forum and was jw what is this rubber thing on the end of this guns barrel and what is its purpose?
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
Got a ?-image-604438532.png  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:22 PM
Silver Member
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: North West,Ohio
Posts: 443
Re: Got a ?

I believe it reduces harmonics in the barrel once you find the sweet spot.I think it is made by limbsaver
Barrel De-Resonator that reduces vibration through the barrel

Last edited by ROBSTER; 12-01-2011 at 06:24 PM. Reason: mis type
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:28 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 11
Ok thanks i figured it was something to reduce vibrations wasnt for sure though
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 02:05 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 21
Re: Got a ?

That is exactly what it is for.

You put it on your rifle and start shooting groups. Move it a touch and shoot a group, measure the group, move it, shoot, measure, repeat.

At some point you will find a point that it prints nice small groups.

It is for the person who doesn't hand load and can't tune the ammo to the gun. With this device you tune the gun to the ammo.

Matt N
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Current Poll
Where in the US do you live?
West of the Mississippi River - 60.79%
896 Votes
East of the Mississippi River - 36.91%
544 Votes
On the Mississippi River on a houseboat - 2.31%
34 Votes
Total Votes: 1,474
You may not vote on this poll.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2014 Long Range Hunting, LLC