close
Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Future H.A.T B.C. Test shoot

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-04-2010, 12:39 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Future H.A.T B.C. Test shoot

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by noel carlson View Post
Topshot,

Yes, there is going to be independent/public testing of the HAT 265 grain 338, and the results will be posted here.

Chas 1,

I have come to believe that the "yadda, yadda, ya..." phenomena is the HAT sales strategy. This bullet is in the public domain, and therefore available for public evaluation. RG may change his mind, and participate at any point. It would be nice to see him there, but his absence will not change the results.

If you examine RG's criteria, he is proposing absolute control of the range, test protocol, and dissemination of information (all under the oversight of "lightvarmit"). I do not have the time for the nonsense.

Bryan Litz has done his best to objectively analyze these pills, and was smeared in the process. Being a competitor, even an honest one, makes his position difficult. I will leave it to the judgement of LRH members if the Las Vegas meet was fair, and objective.

There is much more going on than a HAT evaluation, and I will simply not be party to the perpetuation of a "who's on first" comedy routine which surfaces every time RG, or LV, starts a thread.

Mr. Henson, again, the door is open to you.
Well done Noel. Will you be shooting any of the other HAT bullets, such as the .308's and .284's, etc.?

On drop testing, do you have a way to accurately calibrate or measure a scope's rate of travel?

It will be great if you can get some LRH members to participate. Eddybo has expressed an interest in the popcorn thread.

Unread 02-04-2010, 12:45 PM
Platinum Member

Noel,
I have not read all through the posts to see exactly what is going on but I have a gun that meets your criteria, I am slightly proficient with it and already have a few rounds loaded with the HATS. I just blocked a few days surrounding May 1 out on my calender. Can I come shoot?
Unread 02-04-2010, 02:24 PM
Silver Member

eddybo,

I think Jeff would have no problem in seeing you there as a participant. He is anal about saftey, and organization, so you will need to go through him.

He should make an appearance on this thread presently.

Best,
Noel
Unread 02-04-2010, 02:30 PM
Platinum Member

Great sounds good to me. I have done a bit of NBRSA and NRA f-class comps so I understand the importance of safety.

May 1 is the anticipated date for the shooting correct? If it is something different I would like to know as soon as possible so I can clear my calender.

I am really looking forward to it. Who is going to be there? I have met at least 30 or so members of this forum and am always looking to meet more. Greatest guys in the world hang out here.
Unread 02-04-2010, 02:32 PM
Silver Member

MR,

We will be working with all of those calibers.

If someone would like to test the HAT's, it would be a welcome addition to the knowledge base.

Best,
Noel

P.S.; Relating to gauging the accuracy of any specific scope's rate of travel, I am not particularly concerned. There is enough system redundancy to spot an abberant scope, and the instrumentation will aid all participants in knowing the reliability of their adjustments.

Last edited by noel carlson; 02-04-2010 at 02:45 PM.
Unread 02-04-2010, 02:44 PM
Platinum Member

Noel what other calibers would you like tested? I have other rifles, but lean toward 7mms. I built a 7mm/338 lapua to shoot the heavy bullets. If someone has some 7mm's they would like tested just let me know in time to do some load work.
Unread 02-04-2010, 02:48 PM
Silver Member

eddybo,

I have some definite opinions on what I would like to see, and learn. Let's let Jeff sort this out... it is his baby.

Best,
Noel