Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Full Custom 300 RUM Completed!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2013, 03:00 PM
Silver Member

Re: Full Custom 300 RUM Completed!

yeah I just een that on midway im looking at the 4" box. what im interested in though if I use a choate stock they come with a filler for the bdl box to raise it up since the choate stock is blind mag like a adl. I wonder if I could just make my own filler for the 4" box but if I go with say a 338 norma mag I shouldn't need a different box.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:22 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrifleisLapua View Post
yeah I just een that on midway im looking at the 4" box. what im interested in though if I use a choate stock they come with a filler for the bdl box to raise it up since the choate stock is blind mag like a adl. I wonder if I could just make my own filler for the 4" box but if I go with say a 338 norma mag I shouldn't need a different box.
A filler would be a pretty simple item. We just installed the 3.990" box in a Remington and it allows the 338 Lapua using 300 grain Bergers seated at 3.900" OAL with room to spare. The 338 Norma will be swimming in there.

Only accurate rifles are interesting.

Gordy and Brady.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:35 AM
Silver Member

That is the nicest looking 300 RUM I have ever seen. Like the grain and color of the stock in the close up!