Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

FN SPR A3G doesn't shoot 1/2 MOA as promised. It shoots way better! :)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2013, 07:52 PM
Platinum Member

Location: The rifle range, or archery range or behind the computer in Alaska
Re: FN SPR A3G doesn't shoot 1/2 MOA as promised. It shoots way better! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by etisll40 View Post
Michael, the Lapua Palma case, is it better to use in a 308 than the regular Lapua 308 case?
I wouldn't say better but my extreme spreads did go down a noticeable amount. Kevin Thomas does not recommend the 205 primer in this size of case in colder temps. Other than that I like them.
Long range shooting is a process that ends with a result. Once you start to focus on the result (how bad your last shot was, how big the group is going to be, what your buck will score, what your match score is, what place you are in...) then you loose the capacity to focus on the process.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:12 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Eichele View Post
By CF I assume you mean the chrome lining? I love the chrome lining. It fouls little and cleans easy. It's suppose to increase the life dramatically due to its resistance to heat. I wish I could have all my barrels

M
I think he meant carbon fiber. On your 300 rum?
Old 03-01-2013, 08:46 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Eichele View Post
By CF I assume you mean the chrome lining? I love the chrome lining. It fouls little and cleans easy. It's suppose to increase the life dramatically due to its resistance to heat. I wish I could have all my barrels chrome lined.

I paid just under 3k and bought it from a local dealer. It is a steep price but it is also a very high quality piece of shooting equipment on par with any custom I have had or have. You could pay more than 3k for a solid custom 308 and have to wait 8 months to a year to get. The only difference is you don't get to pick and choose certain features. That said, with the features you get and this level of accuracy what more could a shooter want?

M
It looked like the bottom rifle in your picture had a carbon fiber barrel.

"Let glorious acts more glorious acts inspire,
And catch from breast to breast the noble fire!
On valour's side the odds of combat lie,
The brave live glorious, or lamented die;" - Iliad, Book V
Old 03-01-2013, 09:07 PM
Platinum Member

Location: The rifle range, or archery range or behind the computer in Alaska

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe0121 View Post
It looked like the bottom rifle in your picture had a carbon fiber barrel.
Sorry I missed that. Yes it does. I forgot the was a pic of all of them.

I think their ok but not enough so to merit the price. I think it's a great idea but the industry has a ways to go.

This one is getting ready for a rebarrel. It will be a Sendero contour fluted.
Long range shooting is a process that ends with a result. Once you start to focus on the result (how bad your last shot was, how big the group is going to be, what your buck will score, what your match score is, what place you are in...) then you loose the capacity to focus on the process.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:06 AM

I know what you mean by accurate directly out of the box. I have two FNs and swear by them. One PBR XP that nails it out to 500yrds no problem and an SPR in 300wsm. Ok i cheated a bit on this one I put a Brux MTU #10 barrel on it.