Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

First range test with the new 1-8 3 groove Lilja 270 Allen Mag barrels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2005, 06:28 PM
Platinum Member

Re: First range test with the new 1-8 3 groove Lilja 270 Allen Mag bar

i think the reason i can't see any difference in the 2 guns is because they are the same gun.i'm guessin you have a left and right hand picture of the one with the 8" str tube.please tell me i'm not lookin at a different stock and barrel contour.
Old 08-03-2005, 07:50 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Dave,

Look on the original post, that is BJs rifle stocked with the Ultimate Sniper stock which is OD green.

If you look on page two of this topic and scroll down you will see Lerch's rifle stocked with the Ultimate Varminter which is black.

The differences in the stock are mainly in the forend design. The Sniper model has a slanted bottom with an accessary sliding rail groove.

The Varminter is more a traditional wide smooth forend for use off bags and such.

Also, the sniper model has very aggressive texturing on the grip and forend and the Varmint model is simply lightly textured evenly over the entire stock.

Both proved very easy to shoot off the bags but I would think the Sniper model would be better suited for a bipod system whereas the varminter is more a shooting off the bags design. THey will of course work either way as well.

Have a good evening,

Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 08-03-2005, 09:23 PM
Gold Member

Lerch I just saw your rifle and it looks very nice! I don't know how I missed it before. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
You and B.J. will be out smoking P.D's soon with some serious horsepower!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
I know my turn is drawing near now!!
Wheeww Heeww!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]