I finally made it out to start breaking in the new barrel this morning, and I was pretty happy with it considering I was cleaning between shots.
Keep in mind, this barreled action has no recoil lug on it and is fixing to get into its new stock with a barrel block as soon as I get done doing some load development and pressure testing. The barreled action is just setting in a POS plastic 700 ADL stock that's been hogged out to the max to accomadate the 30" 1.350" straight tube Lilja. Recoil is being absorbed by the mag box and screws, that's all. Recoil is pretty minimal with rifle, 5.5-22 NF scope and all weighing 17# at this point.
The rifle is truely nothing to look at at this point.
The first was a four shot group, it took two sighters to get me up to the bull after bore sighting... would have been one, but I dialed the opposite way I should have when rezeroing off the first shot [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
I had 3 shots left over for a second group, both were shot at 100 yards. The other tiny two shot group was from my 300 Ultra with the scope left zeroed for the 30/338 LI after I switched the 5.5-22 NF back to the Ultra. Makes it easy to remember the difference between the two rifles zero points.
Load was a 200gr Accubond over 90gr Retumbo at 3.750". Pressure on the Oehler 43 indicated 54,000 - 60,000 psi without settling in the bbl fouling yet. Much more testing to follow...