I've been using LoadBase 2.0 for eight months and things are starting to come together.
I've been using the PPC version when going to the range and I usually have a few trusted rounds loaded up to pitch out @ 450 and 725 yards so that I can work with the software when shooting. I've been 1.5 to 2 MOA low and have not been able to get the trajectories corrected in a way that I thought was right so I figured that I need to read all the post on ballistics software again.
Bingo, I was screwing up the elevation and barometric pressure. Junk in junk out.
Went to the range and went to a 1000 yd. Plugged in the the published Berger BC for the .277 140 gr bullets, correct muzzle volocity and the correct enviromentals and it gave me 20.1 MOA up and 1.5 windage, I didn't trust it so I cranked on 22 up.
Took several shots to find the hits, all high, made an adjustment and ended up putting the last one slightly low and left on a 14x18 gong. The adjustment ended up @ 20 up and 1.5 windage, my confidence level is getting higher by the week end, my rifle has come together and now the software, my form is improving greatly as well.
Can't wait till hunting season!!