Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

fierce arms rifles... any first had experience?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2014, 12:11 PM

fierce arms rifles... any first had experience?

A friend of mine has showed me a web site for Fierce Firearms. They look to have a guaranteed 1/2" 100 yard group and they come with a target to prove.

I've did a little searching and haven't come up with to much with regards to people with experience about this brand.

It almost sound to good to be true $2000 custom rifle that will shoot 1/2" guaranteed....
Old 01-17-2014, 01:08 PM
Bronze Member

Re: fierce arms rifles... any first had experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfie81 View Post
A friend of mine has showed me a web site for Fierce Firearms. They look to have a guaranteed 1/2" 100 yard group and they come with a target to prove.

I've did a little searching and haven't come up with to much with regards to people with experience about this brand.

It almost sound to good to be true $2000 custom rifle that will shoot 1/2" guaranteed....
I do not have any experience with this company. However, take a look at Cooper rifles...they guarantee .5MOA at 100yds. My cooper shot a .338 in group 100yds which is under 3/8 in. Could not be happier
Old 01-17-2014, 02:08 PM
Silver Member

Their website is very nice...clearly professionally done. My only question is if they are a smaller company how can they afford to make everything in house? Their components listed just say custom. I couldn't tell what kind of action that was either. It kind reminded me of a Howa. Also, a 1/2 inch accuracy guarantee could be had with a remington, savage, etc...with a bedding job, trigger work, and some tuned hand loads if you wanted to go that route. Just a little cheaper. But by the photos alone they are nice looking rifles.
Old 01-17-2014, 03:34 PM

From reading around on their site, which seams to me to still be under construction, it leads me to believe they make there own action. I'm a gun tweaker and reloader by no means a gun smith so i'm not sure if making your own action is a common thing or not.

They seam to say all the right stuff I'm just searching for someone with first hand experience, the kuiu camo pattern I think would be nice to see on a rifle.

I will relay the message for him to look at cooper...
Old 01-17-2014, 03:55 PM
Silver Member

Snowy mountain rifle company also has economy grade custom rifle for sale I think you can get the entire package WITH a vortex scope for 2,500. They are a proven company and are sponsors on the site. They also machine their own SMR action. Check them out if you want to go custom.
Old 03-08-2014, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300whisper View Post
Their website is very nice...clearly professionally done. My only question is if they are a smaller company how can they afford to make everything in house? Their components listed just say custom. I couldn't tell what kind of action that was either. It kind reminded me of a Howa. Also, a 1/2 inch accuracy guarantee could be had with a remington, savage, etc...with a bedding job, trigger work, and some tuned hand loads if you wanted to go that route. Just a little cheaper. But by the photos alone they are nice looking rifles.
The Fierce rifles are nice but the action is an exact copy of the Sako 85 right down to the trigger and magazine. The only thing that's different is they have omitted the Sako Tapered Dovetail and it takes Remington 700 bases (which is the same as the Howa/Weatherby Vanguard). I'm all for new Firearm Companies but gee can they come up with something that isn't an exact copy of someone else's stuff. Not only that you can save yourself around a grand (1K) and buy a Sako 85 which guarantee a 5 shot 1" group or you could put a match grade barrel on a Sako 85 have it shoot just as well and still save yourself some $$$.
Old 03-08-2014, 10:16 PM
Bronze Member

hey are a very nice rifle. I looked at them a couple weeks ago at out hunting expo in Salt Lake City. With out a doubt if I had the money I would buy one.