Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Field test of "Shooter" for Androids

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2011, 05:10 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Field test of "Shooter" for Androids

I'm getting comfortable with my droid and I bought the Shooter app, so I thought I might give this old thread a bump. Lots of good info here, and they update the app from time-to-time with new features and capabilities.

One thing I was noticing was that although they have lots of bullets in their database, they do not list the length of those bullets, even Bergers. Why? And although its something easy to measure, it seems like something that could be in the bullet database.

But other than that picky little thing, so far I like it!

-- gr8whyt
Old 10-06-2011, 09:10 AM
Silver Member

List of bullet lengths at jbm ballistics website, plus I am anal enough to double check my own lengths. Shooter worked great on my latest prairie dog hunt. Got a 1000 yard dog!
Old 10-07-2011, 01:30 AM
Bronze Member

I just traded up to an Android "Inredible 2" and I have Shooter.... I am having problems setting up and understanding some of the setup questions.

Can somebody Please take the time to post and do a "Step by Step" setup, going through each of the Questions and Prompts to get the ball rolling on Shooter for me?

Also.... Is there any way to Install Exbal on the Android (Incredible 2) Phones?

Thanks.....

Russell
Old 10-07-2011, 08:06 AM
Silver Member

Here is a link to the operations manual. Operation Manual for Shooter v1.6.2.8

The last I heard, exbal was only for pocket PC, palm and home PC. Probably won't need exbal if you can learn to use shooter! JBM is free online and IMO way better. Try to figure a g7 curve on exbal Exbal is a good program too. It all depends on how you wish to use the software, internet availability, hardware, etc.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:46 PM
Bronze Member

nheninge,

Thanks for the quick reply, i'll study the site.... I still have exbal on home pc and my pocket pc conked out... I'll get shooter going to have a couple of options out in the field.

thanks again....
Old 01-19-2014, 03:13 PM

I have shooter on my s4 galaxy and it has a glitch as in i dont get an option for range step size in the hud and when you go to the hud it only can be adjusted in 1 yard steps which is a pain.
my mate has the S3 and it fine in that and another mates S4 is the same as mine!
I have emailed Sean twice and no reply yet.
I would just buy Bryan Litz's one but it's the principle as i have had shooter for a couple of years now and like it.
any body else running shooter on S4 and have the same issue?