Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Federal Claims these are the same bullets.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2013, 12:56 AM
Silver Member

Re: Federal Claims these are the same bullets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter View Post
Well I guess that I could have drove 100 miles out of the BC wilderness in the middle of my hunting trip to return them. After all, gasoline and my time off work really aren't worth much. In other words my hunting trip was more important than returning $100 worth of Federal ammunition...
so you didn't check your amo before you left ? one of the first things i check

besides me truck and me rifles and safety gear .

lack of prep
Old 12-17-2013, 03:09 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunner2005 View Post
Why did you not check them before you left? If it's a big important hunting trip a good double & triple check of any and all equipment is a must. So, you can't boame a sour hunt entirely on Federal, as the hunter it is your job to check any and all equipment before leaving home to head to the camp...

Just my opinion.
On THAT point you fellows are correct, I was on my way out of town for our hunt and stopped at one of our local outdoor stores, with the older ammo box in hand. I asked them for two boxes of 'these'...so I'd get the same ammunition that I had been using.

I'll call that a lesson learned.
Old 12-17-2013, 03:49 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter View Post
On THAT point you fellows are correct, I was on my way out of town for our hunt and stopped at one of our local outdoor stores, with the older ammo box in hand. I asked them for two boxes of 'these'...so I'd get the same ammunition that I had been using.

I'll call that a lesson learned.
I hope you didn't take it as us being a bunch of sticks in the mud. I'm sure we've all done that before. I know I've left ammo at home, and accidentally bought the wrong kind 1/2 paying attention and in a hurry. It's just frustrating to see someone putting down the mfg when so many other factors can come into play.

Like the other folks said, even the guys at the outdoor store could have accidentally put them in the wrong boxes showing clients different ammo all spread out on the counter. It could be just about anything. It could have happened at the factory. Could be any number of things.

This is just another reason why I handload... I KNOW which bullets and powder are in my rounds, and I know they're precise.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:07 PM
Silver Member

The 2 on the ends look like Fusions to me.
Old 12-18-2013, 10:53 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbigtexan View Post
The 2 on the ends look like Fusions to me.
I don't think the Fusions have the moly coating....what ever they are, they sure put the smack down on black bears. ;-)