close
Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

View Poll Results: Favorite 6.5 Cartridge
264 Win Mag 70 11.74%
264 Rem Mag 4 0.67%
65. STW 4 0.67%
6.5-284 131 21.98%
6.5 WSM 25 4.19%
6.5 SAUM 20 3.36%
6.5 Rem 59 9.90%
6.5-47 Lapaua 50 8.39%
6.5-06 45 7.55%
Other 188 31.54%
Voters: 596. You may not vote on this poll

Reply

Favorite 6.5 Cartridge

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #386  
Unread 10-11-2013, 01:46 PM
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Norway, Buskerud
Posts: 572
Re: Favorite 6.5 Cartridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Trigger Finger View Post
I really wish they were selling 9.3x64 Brenneke brass here. . . I know, it about the rarest of the rare factory rounds. Which totally sucks because it is one of the best, most balanced cartridges there is for big game.
Take a look down on the second <RWS> page! 9,3x64 available, just without picture! 9,3x64 is to be told to have better performance than 375 H & H and it's beltless.
Reply With Quote
  •   #387  
    Unread 10-11-2013, 02:01 PM
    Gold Member
     
    Join Date: Apr 2013
    Location: Norway, Buskerud
    Posts: 572
    Re: Favorite 6.5 Cartridge

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MontanaRifleman View Post
    Cool Rhian! They have some 6.5 x 68 and 6.5 x 65 for the Sherman
    I don't want to be cruel, but the 6,5 x 68 there is the rimmed version (R) for break action rifles... They have a really good selection there, so it shouldn't be a problem to get the rimless ordered. Have you seen the 7x65R and 9,3x64? And then the extremely rare 8x60S? Haven't seen any of those in Europe for a long time.
    Reply With Quote

      #388  
    Unread 10-11-2013, 02:05 PM
    Platinum Member
     
    Join Date: May 2008
    Location: South of Canada and North of Wyoming
    Posts: 6,068
    Re: Favorite 6.5 Cartridge

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Varberger757 View Post
    Take a look down on the second <RWS> page! 9,3x64 available, just without picture! 9,3x64 is to be told to have better performance than 375 H & H and it's beltless.
    An interesting looking case for sure... I think i would blow it out a little and sharpen the shoulder.
    __________________
    - Mark

    You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
    ~ John Quincy Adams
    Reply With Quote
      #389  
    Unread 10-11-2013, 02:42 PM
    Gold Member
     
    Join Date: Apr 2013
    Location: Norway, Buskerud
    Posts: 572
    Re: Favorite 6.5 Cartridge

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MontanaRifleman View Post
    An interesting looking case for sure... I think i would blow it out a little and sharpen the shoulder.
    At which case did you look? I feel little insecure now because there isn't an image of the 9,3 x 64.
    Reply With Quote
      #390  
    Unread 10-11-2013, 03:02 PM
    Platinum Member
     
    Join Date: May 2008
    Location: South of Canada and North of Wyoming
    Posts: 6,068
    Re: Favorite 6.5 Cartridge

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Varberger757 View Post
    At which case did you look? I feel little insecure now because there isn't an image of the 9,3 x 64.
    I looked at the 9.3 x 64 case on Ammoguide
    __________________
    - Mark

    You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
    ~ John Quincy Adams
    Reply With Quote
      #391  
    Unread 10-11-2013, 03:25 PM
    Gold Member
     
    Join Date: Apr 2013
    Location: Norway, Buskerud
    Posts: 572
    Re: Favorite 6.5 Cartridge

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MontanaRifleman View Post
    I looked at the 9.3 x 64 case on Ammoguide
    Ok! The 9,3x64 is a very powerfull and precise big game round with a lot of recoil. The case has nothing to do with the 7 x64 and was an extra invention. The round itself is almost too powerfull for the most of European big game except "grown" moose, huge red stags and wild boars. Should be a perfect round for all kinds of game in Alaska.
    Reply With Quote
      #392  
    Unread 10-11-2013, 04:05 PM
    Platinum Member
     
    Join Date: May 2008
    Location: South of Canada and North of Wyoming
    Posts: 6,068
    Re: Favorite 6.5 Cartridge

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Varberger757 View Post
    Ok! The 9,3x64 is a very powerfull and precise big game round with a lot of recoil. The case has nothing to do with the 7 x64 and was an extra invention. The round itself is almost too powerfull for the most of European big game except "grown" moose, huge red stags and wild boars. Should be a perfect round for all kinds of game in Alaska.
    Yeah, it looks like a powerful round.
    __________________
    - Mark

    You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
    ~ John Quincy Adams
    Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Bookmarks

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes



    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:23 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
    All content ©2010-2015 Long Range Hunting, LLC