Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

factory barrel fitment

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2013, 04:41 AM

factory barrel fitment

Will a factory barrel and action (Rem 700 7mm mag) fit into a McMillan stock. All the stocks I see listed say SENDS TO/ varmint/ bull/M 24 5 R mill spec. So I know this is not meant for a factory barrel, but, can I use it with a factory barrel? Will the action or accuracy etc...function properly?

My barrel on my 7 mag is in good shape, but all of the stocks that I like, don't have a selection in "factory sporter" in stock. So which ones interchange with what stocks I guess is my question. (ie, can I put my factory barrel and action in a stock that say sendaro/varmint, or M24 5 r mill spec, etc... )maybe someone could list the differences, and talk about what will work and what won't. I really don't want to wait 5 months for a stock that will fit my factory barrel, only to up grade to a better barrel down the road that would then not fit my stock.

If you can't tell I am pretty green when it comes to the world of long range. I have researched my question but can't find a clear answer, any help would be appreciated.

-AA
Old 04-22-2013, 06:30 AM
Platinum Member

Re: factory barrel fitment

Ask McMillan your questions. 623-582-9635
Old 04-22-2013, 09:29 AM
Platinum Member

the barrel will have a lot of air around it in the barrel chanel. . the stock does not make a 1000 yard rifle. it can help. but the barrel and ammo are more important.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:30 PM
SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by roninflag View Post
the barrel will have a lot of air around it in the barrel chanel. . the stock does not make a 1000 yard rifle. it can help. but the barrel and ammo are more important.
Not to mention the quality of the optics and the ability of the "nut behind the trigger".