I've recently been thinking a 300 Win Mag would fill a good spot in my LRH needs. I'm looking at running any of the 190-210 gr Accubonds. At 8500 feet they will carry 2000 ft lbs to 700-1000 yards so it is quite a capable round for the elk and mule deer running around here.
But my question is this: which factory rifle would best suit my needs?
To help answer that here are some things I'd like to see:
- 26"+ barrel length
- Stainless Steel
- Detachable mag
- Mag box long enough to have a repeater with the long AB's
- Something under 9 lbs for a sub 11 lb scoped rifle
- Side port, detachable muzzle brake
(I realize this is probably going to be added later by a smith)
- Availability of good aftermarket stocks or a good factory stock (B&C medalist is sufficient)
- Sub MOA groups with the heavy AB's
- Total cost under $1000
Any thoughts on such a rifle?
Thanks all and God bless!